Smith Samau playing for Samoa
15 June 1986|
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (14 st 5 lb)|
|Position||Wing, Centre, Five-eighth|
Samau was born in Apia, Samoa.
At the end of the year Samau became a part of the Steve Turner contract negotiations between the Gold Coast Titans, and the Melbourne Storm. Along with Daniel Isaac he was allowed to move to the Titans so the Storm could keep Steve Turner.
He played eight NRL games for the Titans in 2007, playing for the Ipswich Jets in the Queensland Cup when not required. In mid-2009 he was allowed to join the Sydney Roosters. In 2010 he returned to the Ipswich Jets in the Queensland Cup.
Smith is now actively playing for the Central Queensland Capras and Step Brothers. For the Step Brothers he has adjusted to the sport like a duck to water, scoring two tries on debut. Captain Jonesy said "Smithy listens to my instructions. He runs straight back after a touch and rucks the ball up in a perfect triangle formation." Rumour has it Smithy could be nominated the Vice-Captain for next game.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 October 2014. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Rugby League World Cup 2008 Samoa Team
- Smith Samau Archived 28 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine. rleague.com
- Walter, Brad (1 April 2009). "Mason happy with future at Roosters". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Jets fire up to regain Cup pride The Queensland Times, 12 April 2010
- "England 38-14 Samoa". BBC. 2006-11-05. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "Samoa, Tonga and Fiji name squads". BBC. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "Samoa name World Cup Squad". League Unlimited. 5 August 2008. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2008.