|Studio album (Christmas) by Hanson|
|Released||November 18, 1997|
|Recorded||1997 in London|
|Label||Mercury / PolyGram|
|Producer||Mark Hudson, Hanson|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Snowed In is a Christmas album by American pop rock group Hanson. A Christmas album, it was quickly released following the success of their previous album, Middle of Nowhere, and was recorded in London. Snowed In was also the best-selling holiday album for 1997 in the United States, selling 863,000 copies that year according to Nielsen SoundScan. It has since sold a total of 1,081,000 copies in the US.
The album features a mix of traditional Christmas carols (such as "Silent Night Medley"), covers of Christmas themed songs (such as "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and "Merry Christmas, Baby") and Hanson's own compositions (such as "At Christmas" and "Christmas Time").
- "Merry Christmas Baby" (Baxter, Moore) – 3:12
- "What Christmas Means to Me" (Gaye, Gordy, Story) – 3:43
- "Little Saint Nick" (Love, Wilson) – 3:33
- "At Christmas" (I.Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson) – 5:17
- "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" (Barry, Greenwich, Spector) – 3:20
- "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" (Marks) – 2:38
- "Christmas Time" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson, Hudson) – 3:59
- "Everybody Knows the Claus" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson) – 4:47
- "Run Rudolph Run" (Brodie, Marks) – 3:11
- "Silent Night Medley: O Holy Night/Silent Night/O Come All Ye Faithful" – 5:26
- "White Christmas" (Berlin) – 1:49
Total sales were around 2 million, though 1.2 million of these were sold in the United States. The album both debuted and peaked at position number 7 on the U.S. Billboard 200 album sales chart in December 1997, and was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America on December 15, 1997 for shipment of one million copies in the U.S.
The album also had a quick run on the Swedish albums chart and peaked at number 14.
- Danny Clinch – photography
- Matthew Cordle – piano
- Laurence Cottle – bass
- Margery Greenspan – art direction
- Hanson – arranger, producer, executive producer
- Isaac Hanson – guitar, vocals
- Taylor Hanson – piano, organ, keyboards, Wurlitzer, vocals
- Zac Hanson – drums, percussion, vocals
- Mark Hudson – arranger, guitar (rhythm), producer
- Ted Jensen – mastering
- Ian Kirkham – saxophone
- Nadia Lanman – cello
- Tom Lord-Alge – mixing
- Richard Patrick – design
- Iain Roberton – engineer
- Chris Taylor – bass
- Andy Wright – keyboards, programming
- Paul Wright – engineer
|Australian ARIA Albums Chart||3|
|Austrian Albums Chart||31|
|Belgian Flemish Albums Chart||20|
|Belgian Walloon Albums Chart||47|
|Dutch Albums Chart||32|
|Finnish Albums Chart||7|
|German Albums Chart||65|
|Italian Albums Chart||38|
|Japanese Albums Chart||24|
|New Zealand RIANZ Albums Chart||12|
|Swedish Albums Chart||14|
|Swiss Albums Chart||20|
|UK Albums Chart||87|
|U.S. Billboard 200||7|
- Allmusic review
- "The Xmas Files". Entertainment Weekly. December 5, 1997. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Brackett, Nathan; Christian Hoard (2004). The Rolling Stone Album Guide. New York City, New York: Simon and Schuster. p. 362. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
- "Chart Watch Extra: Bring On Christmas!". Billboard. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- Grein, Paul (December 19, 2012). "Chart Watch Extra: Christmas Albums, From Bing To Buble". Yahoo! Music. Retrieved December 19, 2012.