Solomon Islands Rugby Union Federation
The Solomon Islands Rugby Union Federation, or SIRUF, is the governing body for rugby union in Solomon Islands. It was established in the 1960s, but only became fully affiliated to the International Rugby Board (IRB) in 1999.
Programs and affiliates
SIRUF programs include 15-a-side and 7-a-side rugby competitions in Honiara and the Provinces, a women’s tag rugby competition, as well as high school and junior rugby competitions. The SIRUF has eight affiliated associations or member unions:
- Honiara Rugby Union Association (HRUA)
- Bellona Rugby Union Association (BRUA)
- East Rennell Rugby Union Association (ERRUA)
- West Rennell Rugby Union Association (WRRUA)
- Malaita Rugby Union Association (MRUA)
- Rugby Union Makira Association (RUMA)
- Western Rugby Union Association (WRUA)
- Solomon Islands Rugby Referees Association (SIRRA)
The Solomon Islands 15's national team, the Warriors, has not yet played in a world cup but has competed at the South Pacific Games (as it was called up to 2003), and more recently at the FORU Oceania Cup. Solomon Islands fields teams in 7's competitions as well as 15's. The national women's 7s team was established in 2012.
- Solomon Islands national rugby union team
- Solomon Islands national rugby union team (sevens)
- Solomon Islands women's national rugby union team (sevens)
- Rugby union in Solomon Islands
- "IRB Handbook" (PDF). International Rugby Board. 2013. p. 17. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Member Unions: Solomon Islands Rugby Union". oceaniarugby.com. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Aruafa, Carlos (12 May 2012). "Makira affiliates with SIRUF". Solomon Star News. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- Lilomo, Philip (11 December 2009). "SIRUF secret meeting". Solomon Star News. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Solomon Islands Test Rugby Scores". rugbyinternational.net. Archived from the original on 11 November 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Lilomo, Philip (2 August 2012). "Women's rugby 7s face uphill battle". Archived from the original on 19 June 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
|This rugby union article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in the Solomon Islands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|