|Genres||Rock, chamber pop, jazz, jazz fusion, Indonesian rock|
|Labels||Aksara Records RooftopSound Records|
|Members||Ade Firza Paloh
Bemby Gusti Pramudya
|Past members||Ramondo Gascaro
Sore (often stylized as "SORE") is a Jakarta-based indie band formed in 2002. The band was originally formed by Ade Paloh, Mondo Gascaro and Awan Garnida. They have been close friends since childhood. Other two members, Bemby Gusti and Reza Dwiputranto, were brought in by Awan Garnida.
- 2004 - 2005-Early years and Centralismo debut album
In 2004 and early 2005 Sore contributed two songs in a couple of compilation albums, the first one was a compilation album of Jakarta’s indie scene called "JKRT: SKRG" (an abbreviation of "Jakarta, Sekarang" which translates "Jakarta, Now"). The album was released by Aksara Records. Another one was an original motion picture soundtrack of "Janji Joni". The album was released by Aksara Records too.
SORE finally released their full-length debut album Centralismo in 2005. The album title itself refer to the world "central", which in this case refer to Central Jakarta, where the most band members grew up. The music varied greatly from track to track as each member contributed lead singing and song-writing in this album. Their vintage instrumentation, like the use of vibraphones, mellotron, and horn section is reminiscent of popular music in the 50's, 60's and 70's.
The first album was praised by Time Magazine Asia as "One of Five Asian Albums Worth Buying", and Rolling Stone Indonesia magazine ranked it the 40th in "150 Greatest Indonesian Albums of All Time". The fifth single, "No Fruits for Today", also ranked as one of 150 Greatest Indonesian Albums of All Time.
- 2005-2008 - Ports of Lima
While preparing their materials for their second album, they contributed to four original soundtrack albums: "Berbagi Suami" (Love for Share); "Kala" (Dead Time); Quickie Express; "Perempuan Punya Cerita" (Chants of Lotus), one of which became a hit single, "Pergi Tanpa Pesan", a reworking of an Indonesian classic from the late 1950s.
In April 2008, three years after releasing the debut album, Sore released their second album, Ports of Lima with Aksara Records as label. The album also voted as Best Album of 2008 in the #1st list rank number by Rolling Stone Indonesia magazine.
- Studio Albums
- 2010: Sombreros Kiddos
- 2013 : Sorealist
- 2004: "Cermin" - from album JKT:SKRG (V.A. Compilation)
- 2005: "Funk The Hole" - Janji Joni (O.S.T Movie Compilation)
- 2006: "Pergi Tanpa Pesan" - Berbagi Suami (O.S.T Movie Compilation)
- 2006: "No Fruits For Today" - Berbagi Suami (O.S.T Movie Compilation)
- 2007: "Hidup Itu Indah" - Mesin Waktu: Teman-Teman Menyanyikan Lagu Naif (V.A. Tribute Album)
- 2007: "Ada Musik Di Dalam" - Kala (O.S.T Movie Compilation)
- 2007: "Ernestito" - Quickie Express (O.S.T Movie Compilation)
- 2009: "The Hitman" - from album Synchronize Session One (V.A. Compilation)
- 2009: "Nancy Bird" - Forbidden Door (O.S.T Movie Compilation)
- 2009: "Lullaby Blues" - Forbidden Door (O.S.T Movie Compilation)
- Ade Firza Paloh - Guitar, Vocals (2003–Present)
- Awan Garnida - Bass, Vocals (2003–Present)
- Reza Dwi Putranto - Guitar, Vocals (2003–Present)
- Bemby Gusti Pramudya - Drums, Vocals (2003–Present)
- sore. musikji.net. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- 2005. jj. kalyanashira.com. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- centralismo. allmusic.com. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- Garger, Ilya; Perry, Alex; Shum, Keane; Tedjasukmana, Jason (2005-09-12). "Five Asian Albums Worth Buying'". Time Magazine Asia.
- "150 Lagu Indonesia Terbaik Sepanjang Masa'". Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2009-11-26.
- "Album Terbaik 2008'". Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2008-11-26.
- JKT:SKRG. allmusic.com. Retrieved January 27, 2012.