South Arkansas Regional Airport at Goodwin Field
|South Arkansas Regional Airport
at Goodwin Field
|IATA: ELD – ICAO: KELD – FAA LID: ELD|
|Owner||City of El Dorado|
|Serves||El Dorado, Arkansas|
|Elevation AMSL||277 ft / 84 m|
South Arkansas Regional Airport at Goodwin Field (IATA: ELD, ICAO: KELD, FAA LID: ELD) is a city-owned public-use airport located eight nautical miles (9 mi, 15 km) west of the central business district of the City of El Dorado, in Union County, Arkansas, United States. It is mostly used for general aviation, but is also served by SeaPort Airlines, a service which is subsidized by the federal government's Essential Air Service program at a cost of $1,977,153(per year).
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 511 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 157 enplanements in 2009, and 1,222 in 2010. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation airport (the commercial service category requires at least 2,500 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 1,540 acres (623 ha) at an elevation of 277 feet (84 m) above mean sea level. It has two active asphalt paved runways: 4/22 is 6,601 by 150 feet (2,012 x 46 m) and 13/31 is 5,100 by 100 feet (1,554 x 30 m). Former runway 17/35 is closed indefinitely, it had a concrete surface measuring 3,733 by 75 feet (1,138 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 30, 2008, the airport had 21,936 aircraft operations, an average of 60 per day: 73% general aviation, 13% air taxi, 11% scheduled commercial, and 2% military. At that time there were 21 aircraft based at this airport: 62% single-engine, 14% multi-engine, and 24% jet.
Airline and non-stop destinations
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|SeaPort Airlines||Hot Springs, Houston-Intercontinental, Memphis|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|1||Hot Springs, AR||Memorial Field Airport (HOT)||1,860|
|2||Dallas, TX||Dallas Love Field (DAL)||1,720|
|3||Houston, TX||Houston-Intercontinental (IAH)||480|
- FAA Airport Master Record for ELD ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 25 August 2011.
- "Essential Air Service Reports". U.S. Department of Transportation. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "El Dorado, AR: South Arkansas Regional At Goodwin Field (ELD)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics. September 2015.
- Essential Air Service documents (Docket OST-1997-2935) from the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- Order 2005-1-14: selecting Air Midwest, Inc., to provide essential air service at El Dorado/Camden, Jonesboro, Harrison and Hot Springs, Arkansas, at a subsidy rate of $4,155,550 annually for a two-year rate term.
- Order 2007-1-7: selecting Air Midwest, Inc. to provide essential air service at El Dorado/Camden, Jonesboro, Harrison and Hot Springs, Arkansas, at a subsidy rate of $4,296,348 annually for the two-year rate term beginning April 1, 2007.
- Order 2009-6-25: tentatively selecting Alaska Juneau Aeronautics, Inc. d/b/a SeaPort Airlines (SeaPort) to provide subsidized essential air service (EAS) at El Dorado/Camden, Harrison, Hot Springs, and Jonesboro, Arkansas, for two years.
- Order 2009-7-8: making final the tentative selection of Alaska Juneau Aeronautics, Inc. d/b/a SeaPort Airlines, to provide essential air service at El Dorado/Camden, Harrison, Hot Springs, and Jonesboro, Arkansas.
- South Arkansas Regional Airport, official website
- South Arkansas Regional at Goodwin Field (ELD) from Arkansas Department of Aeronautics
- Aerial image as of 30 January 2001 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ELD, effective July 21, 2016
- Resources for this airport: