|Industry||Internet, Health, Weight loss|
|Founded||Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S. (2000)|
|Headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.|
SparkPeople operates sparkpeople.com, which offers a free four-stage diet program which uses tools, content, and support to help users make lifestyle changes, and sparkRecipes.com, which allows users the ability to catalog, rate, and share recipes, especially healthy recipes, and gives users the nutritional information about their recipes. It also offers the ability to add these recipes to their daily food log on SparkPeople.
SparkPeople.com announced on February 15, 2012 that during January 2012 that there were 10 million visitors to the website, making it the most visited fitness and weight loss site on the internet. SparkPeople.com was named the winner of BusinessWeek's Best of The Web : Health in 2006, 2007, and 2008. In January 2007, SparkPeople.com was ranked by Hitwise as the 6th most visited site in the "Health and Medical - Wellbeing" category (and 3rd among diet sites).
- "SparkPeople Mobile Applications – iPhone and Android Diet and Recipe Apps". Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "Consumer Reports Rates Diet Plans: MyFitnessPal, A Free App And Website, More Satisfying Than Weight Watchers" (Press release). PR Newswire. January 2, 2013.
- http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/02/15/prweb9197728.DTL[dead link]
- "Business Week Online: Best of the Web 2006". Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- "Readers Make Their Votes Count - BusinessWeek". Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- "Business Week Online: Best of the Web 2008". Retrieved 2008-09-29.
- "Category Spotlight : Health and Medical - Wellbeing". Retrieved 2007-09-24.