Springfield Celts Rugby Club
|Ground(s)||Kennedy Park, Springfield, Illinois, United States|
|Coach(es)||Jim Carlberg, Steve Ellis|
The Springfield Celts Rugby Club was established in 1975. Over the years the Celts have created a tradition of hard hitting rugby often taking the best of teams out of their game plan. This tradition has produced several tournament trophies and union victories. The legend of the "Green Jersey" has haunted the Midwestern region for many years. The young players hear of the stories of destruction and victory and continue to wear the Green Jersey with pride.
The Springfield Celts Rugby Club's sponsors are Liquid Rugby in Petersburg, Illinois, The Springfield Shopper in Springfield, Illinois, and Robert Chic Fritz Inc. in Springfield, Illinois. All socials after home matches will be at Weebles Bar & Grill in Springfield, Illinois.
- Sias, Holly, "Want to have a ball? Try Rugby", The State Journal-Register, September 23, 2008, Page 12.
- Murphy, Michael, "RUGGED RUGBY A GAME FOR 'THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE INSANE'", The State Journal-Register, Oct. 14, 1985, Page 7.
- Otis, Kevin C.,"Springfield Celts Sponsor Youth Academy", rugbyrugby.com, Retrieved 8-31-2009
- Robert, Amanda, "Springfield Celts looking for new young ruggers", Illinois Times, September 17–23, 2009, Vol. 35, No. 6, Page 9.
- Beck, Molly, "Springfield Celts hope the future of rugby lies with high schoolers", The State Journal-Register, May 28, 2010, Page 18-19.