|Born||20 October 1971|
Le Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Savoie, France
|Died||17 June 2012 (aged 40)|
Aiguille d'Argentière, France
Brosse was born in Le Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Savoie. He started ski mountaineering in 1990 and competed the first time at the Miage Contamines Somfy race in 1995. In 1996 he became a member of the national team. Together with Pierre Gignoux he set the record and continued to hold it for the Mont Blanc course from 30 May 2003. The duo needed a total time of 5h 15' 47" for the total course, thereof about 4 hours and seven minutes for climbing up, and about one hour and seven minutes for the downhill race. Since 2003 he and Lionel Bonnel had also held the Chamonix-Zermatt Haute Route record with 21h 11'.
Stéphane Brosse died on 17 June 2012 while crossing the Aiguille d'Argentière in the Mont Blanc massif when a snow cornice collapsed under him, resulting in him falling between 600 and 700 metres. He was accompanied by Kílian Jornet Burgada, Sébastien Montaz-Rosset and Bastien Fleury. Brosse lived in Annecy. He was 40.
- 3rd, French national ranking
- 2nd, World Cup single race, Salt Lake City
- 3rd, World Cup team race together with Patrick Blanc
- 1997: 10th, together with Patrice Bret
- 1998: 7th, together with Patrice Bret
- 1999: 3rd, together with Patrice Bret
- 2000: 3rd, together with Patrice Bret
- 2001: 1st, together with Pierre Gignoux
- 2002: 2nd, together with Pierre Gignoux
- 2003: 2nd, together with Pierre Gignoux
- 2005: 1st, together with Patrick Blanc
- 2006: 1st, together with Patrick Blanc
- 2001: 2nd, together with Jean Pellissier and Fabio Meraldi
- 2003: 2nd, together with Jean Pellissier and Pierre Gignoux
- 2005: 1st, together with Patrick Blanc and Guido Giacomelli
Patrouille des Glaciers
- 2000: 5th (and 3rd in "seniors I" class ranking), together with Francis Bibollet and Pierre Gignoux
- 2004: 1st in record time, together with Jean Pellissier and Patrick Blanc
- 2006: 1st in record time, together with Patrick Blanc and Guido Giacomelli
- Stéphane Brosse, website of his sponsor
- Stéphane Brosse in Le ski-alpinisme
- Shahshahani Volodia (31 May 2003). "Mont Blanc: la course contre le record". volopress.net (in French). Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Record à ski sur le parcours mythique de Chamonix-Mont Blanc-Chamonix Archived 2007-06-13 at the Wayback Machine (franz.), Fédération Française de la Montagne et de l'Escalade (FFME), 2007.
- Newsreport in the Club alpin français website
- Stéphane Brosse emporté (in French), SkiChrono, June 17, 2012.
- Skibergsteiger Stéphane Brosse stirbt im Wallis (in German), blick.ch, 17 June 2012.
- C.N.S.A. 1999 - Top 25 homme Archived 2006-11-28 at the Wayback Machine
- C.N.S.A. 2000 - catégorie homme Archived 2006-11-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Coupe d'Europe 2001 de Ski-alpinisme Archived 2007-12-02 at the Wayback Machine
- C.N.S.A. 2001 - catégorie homme Archived 2006-11-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Tour du Rutor Archived 2012-02-16 at the Wayback Machine
- Albo d'oro - Roll of Honour Archived 2011-07-22 at the Wayback Machine