St. Anthony High School (Wailuku, Hawaii)
|St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School|
|1618 Lower Main Street
Wailuku, Hawaiʻi, (Maui County) 96793
|Motto||Fortes in Unitate
(Strength in Unity)
|Oversight||Roman Catholic Diocese of Honolulu|
|Head of school||Tim Cullen|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and Gold|
|Athletics conference||Maui Interscholastic League|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
St. Anthony was established as a Boys school in 1848 by the Sacred Heart Fathers. The Marianists (Society of Mary) took over in 1883. The Sisters of St. Francis of Syracuse established a Girls School in 1884. The Girls and Boys schools merged in 1968.
St. Anthony Junior Senior High School Band
In recent years, the band program was overshadowed—Until the Yamashita Era. Everett Lee Yamashita came to St. Anthony in 2007 and changed the band. When he first arrived, there were few band programs. Now, St. Anthony has a Symphonic, Concert, Beginning, Marching/Pep, Jazz and Ukulele band. The musicians of the band traveled to New York in April 2013 for a festival that took place in the Carnegie Hall. The band recently took their second trip to Carnegie Hall. They also traveled to Washington D.C. to perform in the Festival of States.
- Anthony T. Kaho'ohanohano, 1949, U.S. Army Pfc. Medal of Honor (Korea)
- Shane Victorino, outfielder for the Boston Red Sox
Notes and references
- WASC-ACS. "WASC-Accrediting Commission for Schools". Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- "About Saint Anthony - History". Saint Anthony Junior Senior High School. Archived from the original on 2008-10-07. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Home >> About >> History". St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School. Wailuku, HI, USA: Saint Anthony Junior Senior High School. Archived from the original on 2012-07-31. Retrieved 2013-03-02. External link in
- "SAS at Carnegie Hall - St. Anthony Junior Senior High School Band". St. Anthony Junior Senior High School Band. Wailuku, HI, USA. 2013-02-25. Retrieved 2013-03-02. External link in
|This Hawaii school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|