São Lourenço, Macau
Freguesia de São Lourenço in Macau
|• Total||1.0 km2 (0.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||52,000/km2 (130,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Macau Standard (UTC+8)|
|São Lourenço, Macau|
|Cantonese Yale||Fúngseuhn Tòhngkeu|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Fēngshùn Tángqū|
|Literal meaning||Smooth Wind Church Area|
|Cantonese Yale||Singlóuhlihngjóh Tòhngkeu|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Shènglǎoléngzuǒ Tángqū|
|Portuguese||Freguesia de São Lourenço|
It is surrounded by water and oils on all sides except north, where it neighbours Freguesia da Sé. Penha Hill (西望洋山) and Barra Hill (媽閣山) are to the south. The Portuguese governor building and current administrative buildings is located here. The hillsides contain a residential area of luxurious villas.
- Area: 0.9 km² (13.4% of the peninsula)
- Population: 45,600
- Population density: 50,904 persons per km²
- A-Ma Temple
- Dom Pedro V Theatre
- Leal Senado Building
- Mandarin's House
- Maritime Museum
- Moorish Barracks
- Our Lady of Penha Church
- Penha Hill
- Sir Robert Ho Tung Library
- St. Joseph's Seminary and Church
All schools in this parish are private and subsidized by the Macau government.
- Escola Estrela do Mar - Preschool through secondary school
- Escola Há Ván Châm Vui (下環浸會學校) - Preschool and primary school
- Escola Santa Maria Mazzarello (聖瑪沙利羅學校) - Preschool and primary school
- Instituto Salesiano da Imaculada Conceição, preschool through secondary school
Macao Public Library operates two branches in the parish: the Sir Robert Ho Tung Library and the S. Lourenço Library (Biblioteca de S. Lourenço; 下環圖書館). The latter occupies 1,245 square metres (13,400 sq ft) of space on the third floor of the Municipal Market Complex of St. Lourenço (下環街市). The S. Lourenço branch opened in December 2009 and was a part of the renovation of the market.
- Macau Government Headquarters (Sede do Governo da RAEM)
- "Escola Estrela do Mar." Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (Macau). Retrieved on April 9, 2017. "Rua do Padre António, no.36" - Chinese profile: "學校地址: 高樓街36號"
- "Escola Há Ván Châm Vui." Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (Macau). Retrieved on April 9, 2017. "Endereço : Rua da Praia do Manduco, nos.46-48" - Chinese profile: "學校地址: 下環街46-48號"
- "Escola Santa Maria Mazzarello." Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (Macau). Retrieved on April 9, 2017. "Endereço : Rua da Praia do Manduco, no.103" - Chinese profile: "學校地址: 下環街103號"
- "Instituto Salesiano da Imaculada Conceição." Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (Macau). Retrieved on April 9, 2017. "Endereço : Rua de Lourenço, no.16" - Chinese profile: "學校地址: 風順堂街16號"
- "Branch Libraries." Macao Public Library. Retrieved on April 16, 2017. Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to São Lourenço.|
|This Macau location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|