Stantec Tower under construction in June 2018.
|Location||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Estimated completion||2018 office, 2019 residential|
|Cost||$500 million CAD|
|Roof||250.8 m (823 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||ONE Properties, Katz Group Properties|
Stantec Tower is a mixed-use skyscraper currently under construction in the Ice District in downtown Edmonton, Alberta. As of 23 May 2018[update], when it reached a construction height of 197 m (646.3 ft), it surpassed the JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District & Residences and became the tallest building in Edmonton. The office area of the tower is expected to open in 2018, and the residential portion in 2019. Once completed, Stantec Tower will be 250.9 m (823.2 ft) tall, making it the tallest building in Canada outside Toronto. The 66-storey tower will consist of retail space, offices, and 454 residential units. It will house the headquarters of Stantec. Located close to Rogers Place, home of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, it will be in the heart of the newly created Ice District.
Construction started in the fall of 2014, completing foundation works and moving above grade in August 2016. The project reached a milestone when it topped out the 30th floor, marking the top of the commercial and office floors, in November 2017.
Stantec Tower had reached its 30th floor just 14 days after its next door neighbour, JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District & Residences, had become the tallest building in Edmonton. Both these construction projects continued adding floors, with the JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District & Residences reaching its full height (192.15 m (630.4 ft)) in March 2018. Stantec Tower added structural steel for its 54th floor on 23 May 2018, bringing its height to 197 m (646.3 ft) and becoming the tallest building in Edmonton, with work continuing upward on the residential floors.
The main tenants announced have been:
- PwC Canada - two floors - 4,738 square metres (51,000 sq ft)
- Dentons Canada - Q2 of 2019.
- Stantec Tower at Emporis
- Kent, Gordon (September 15, 2015). "Stantec Tower in Edmonton set to be Canada's tallest outside Toronto". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Tucker, Erika (September 19, 2015). "Canada's tallest building outside Toronto under construction in Edmonton". Global News. Retrieved September 20, 2015.
- "62-storey tower to be built in downtown Edmonton". CBC News. August 26, 2014. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- "A towering monument to community". Stantec. Stantec. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Stantec Tower - SkyriseCities". SkyriseCities-Edmonton. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- Bartko, Karen (2018-05-23). "Stantec Tower now the tallest building in Edmonton — and it's still growing". Global News. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Phasing". Ice District Properties. Ice District JV Inc. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "Ice District - ONE" (PDF). ONE Development. ONE Development/Katz Group. Retrieved December 16, 2016.
- staff writers (4 August 2016). "Foundation of Stantec Tower complete, moves into next phase of construction". CBC News. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- Kent, Gordon (17 November 2017). "Another milestone for Edmonton's Stantec Tower". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- Mitanis, Marcus (2017-11-06). "ICE District Confirms JW Marriott Now the Tallest Building in Edmonton". SkyriseCities. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Staples, David (2018-03-21). "Edmonton gets new tallest building, four-star hotel: The new JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District hotel has finally topped out at its full height, 56 storeys". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "ICE District Joint Venture Adds PwC Canada to Stantec Tower Tenant List" (PDF). ICE District JV Inc. Ice District. May 12, 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- MacDonald, Shauna (July 20, 2016). "Dentons Canada LLP Joins Tenant List at ICE District Joint Venture's Stantec Tower" (PDF). ICE District Joint Venture. ICE District Joint Venture. Retrieved July 23, 2016.
JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District & Residences
| Tallest building in Edmonton