State Security Service (FR Yugoslavia)
|Служба државне безбедности
Služba državne bezbednosti
|Secret police overview|
|Formed||13 March 1991|
|Dissolved||1 August 2002|
The State Security Service (Serbian Cyrillic: Служба државне безбедности or SDB; also Ресор државне безбедности / RDB), was the security agency within the Ministry of the Interior of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia that aimed to protect the country from internal threats.
Special Operations Unit also known as the Red Berets were incorporated into the Yugoslav special forces in 1996.
- Zoran Janaćković (31 October 1990 – 30 December 1991)
- Jovica Stanišić (1 January 1992 – 26 October 1998)
- Radomir Marković (27 October 1998 – 25 January 2001)
- Goran Petrović (26 January 2001 – 15 November 2001)
- Andreja Savić (15 November 2001 – 1 August 2002) (acting)