Stephen Peter Morin|
February 19, 1951
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
March 13, 1985 (aged 34)|
|Cause of death||Lethal injection|
|Victims||4 (48 suspected)|
Span of crimes
|November, 1969–December 11, 1981|
|December 12, 1981|
His last victim, Margaret Palm, rode around with him in a car for 10 hours before taking him to a bus station and buying him a ticket to Austin. He let her go, boarded the bus and surrendered himself to authorities without resistance. Morin withdrew all appeals after pleading guilty to the 1981 capital murder of Carrie Marie Scott. Morin was later convicted of the killings of Janna Bruce in Corpus Christi, Texas, Cheryl Ann Daniel in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Sheila Whalen in Golden, Colorado. Morin said he never intended to kill Scott and pleaded with her to leave him alone but then he said something came over him and the gun went off. However, the evidence at trial showed he shot her in the parking lot of Maggie's Restaurant while she was trying to escape being abducted by him.
Because of Morin's history of drug abuse, the execution technicians were forced to probe both of Morin's arms and one of his legs with needles for nearly 45 minutes before they found a suitable vein. Morin was pronounced dead at 12:55 a.m. on March 13, 1985 by lethal injection, becoming the sixth man to be executed by lethal injection, in Texas since the state began using lethal injections in 1982. He was a suspect in over 30 unsolved violent crimes across the country.
- "Signs of a Serial Killer" by Crystal Clary (ISBN 9781491861387)
- The Eyes of a Stranger by Carrie Frederickson (ISBN 1481729799)
- Sarah's Story: Target of a Serial Killer by Sarah Lea Pisan (ISBN 1481729799)
- Obsession: Dark Desires: "Paging Sarah"
- Serial Thriller: "The Chameleon" on Investigation Discovery
- "Jury being picked for trial of suspected serial killer". The Deseret News. Associated Press. July 11, 1984. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Sid Roth's It's Supernatural! (2017-01-18), Margy Palm Was Abducted by a Serial Killer. Then God Intervened! | It's Supernatural! Classics, retrieved 2017-01-28
- "Stephen Peter Morin, a Christian convert three times condemned..." UPI. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "MURDERER OF THREE WOMEN IS EXECUTED IN TEXAS". The New York Times. Associated Press. March 14, 1985. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "TEXAS EXECUTES DRIFTER WHO KILLED THREE WOMEN". The New York Times. United Press International. March 13, 1985. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Clarke, Chris (April 14, 2005). "Stephen Morin: How I unwittingly helped a serial killer". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Offender Information from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice
- Last Statement from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice
- Final Meal Requests at the Wayback Machine (archived December 2, 2003). Texas Department of Criminal Justice (2003-09-12). Archived from the original on 2003-12-02. Retrieved on 2007-08-17.
|This United States biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|