Steve Cutts is an illustrator and animator based in London, England. His artwork satirizes the excesses of modern society. His style is inspired by 1930s and 40s cartoons, as well as modern comic books and graphic novels.
Before becoming a freelancer in 2012, Cutts worked as an illustrator for the London creative agency Glue Isobar. He worked on digital projects for companies including Coca-Cola, Google, Sony, and Toyota.
In 2012, Cutts created his most popular film, MAN, which has environmentalist and animal rights themes. Created with Adobe Flash and After Effects, Cutts describes the film as "looking at mans relationship with the natural world." The video has over 26 million views on YouTube.
In October 2016, a Cutts video for the song Are You Lost In The World Like Me? by Moby and the Void Pacific Choir addressed smartphone addiction, with Max Fleischer-inspired animation. Moby hired Cutts to create the video after being "amazed and blown away" by his MAN film. The video won the 2017 Webby Award for animation.
In June 2017, Cutts illustrated another video for Moby and the Void Pacific Choir, In This Cold Place from the album More Fast Songs About the Apocalypse. Cutts stated that both Moby videos represent "consumerism, greed, corruption and ultimately our self-destructiveness."
In 2017, Cutts won the Jury Award at Annecy International Film Festival, the highest award which is a qualifying factor to be eligible for nomination at the Academy Awards. This was for the music video “Are You Lost in the World Like Me?”
In 2018 for the second-year running, Cutts was the Webby Award Winner in the Film & Video Animation Category for original cartoons, motion graphics, illustrations or digitally animated images premiered on the Internet.
Cutts made Ridley Scott’s curated list of just 12 for the New Directors' Showcase at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in June 2018.Of the final reel, Scott said: “The range of the work submitted this year has been remarkable. We’ve taken great care to ensure that the 2018 reel not only reflects great ideas but also considered craft and production." 
- Brooks, Katherine (September 2, 2015). "This Is What Modern Life Really Looks Like, According To An Illustrator". The Huffington Post. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Moreno, Javier (August 24, 2015). "An Artist Made Stunning Illustrations About Modern Society". Buzzfeed. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- "How we Impact Our Planet – Animated Short Films: Interview with Steve Cutts". Featured E-Magazine. October 9, 2014. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Humphries, Matthew (February 24, 2013). "MAN: a thought provoking animation about our impact on the world". GEEK. Ziff-Davis. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Cutts, Steve (December 21, 2012). "MAN". YouTube. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Creamer, Ryan (January 8, 2016). "'The Simpsons' go totally retro in '80s action movie homage". Mashable. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Mathews, Liam (January 8, 2016). "The Simpsons Goes Full '80s in New Opening Credits Couch Gag". TV Guide. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Animation on FOX (January 9, 2016). "LA-Z Rider Couch Gag from Guest Animator Steve Cutts". YouTube. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Kreps, Daniel (October 17, 2016). "See Moby's Grim New Video About Smartphone Addiction". Rolling Stone. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- ""Are You Lost in the World Like Me?"". Webby Awards. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- Sharpies, Grant (June 19, 2017). "Moby Releases Powerful Video for "In This Cold Place"". Paste Magazine. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- Mufson, Beckett (June 20, 2017). "Moby's New Music Video Is a Sad Cartoon Nostalgia Bomb". Vice. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
- CITIA, ©. "Home > Festival > Awards > Film index Award winner". www.annecy.org. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- CITIA, ©. "CITIA > News". www.citia.org. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- "Happiness | The Webby Awards". Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- "Ridley Scott to curate Saatchi & Saatchi's New Directors' Showcase at Cannes". The Drum. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- "Ridley Scott to curate 28th New Directors' Showcase in partnership with MPC". RSA Films. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- "The 5 Most Inspiring Short Films at the Cannes New Directors' Showcase Curated By Ridley Scott". Retrieved 2018-07-09.