Stone Harbor School District
|Stone Harbor School District|
|275 93Rd St.
Stone Harbor, NJ 08247
|Superintendent||Stacey LaRocca Tracy|
|Business administrator||Linda Fiori|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||79 (as of 2011-12)|
|District Factor Group||FG|
Starting with the 2011-12 school year, in an agreement with the Avalon School District, public school students in grades K-4 from both communities attend school in Stone Harbor while all students in grades 5-8 attend school in Avalon.
Students in public school for ninth through twelfth grades attend Middle Township High School in Cape May Court House, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Middle Township Public Schools, together with students from Avalon, Dennis Township and Woodbine. As of the 2013-14 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 807 students and 67.5 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 12.0:1.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "FG", the fourth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Stone Harbor School had a student body of 79 students in the 2011-12 school year.
- Stacey LaRocca Tracy, Superintendent
- Linda Fiori, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Stone Harbor School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed August 12, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Avalon Elementary School 2013 School Report Card, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed August 12, 2014. "The district has entered into a “send-receive” agreement with the neighboring district on the island to consolidate the instructional programs in the two schools. Stone Harbor houses the K-4 programs for both districts and Avalon houses grades 5-8."
- Middle Township High School 2015 School Report Card, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 30, 2016. "Middle Township High School is a four-year, accredited, comprehensive high school situated in central Cape May County. The school serves the communities of Middle Township, Dennis Township, Avalon, Stone Harbor, and Woodbine Borough."
- Home page, Middle Township Public Schools. Accessed May 30, 2016. "The high school is a four-year comprehensive public high school that serves students in ninth through twelfth grades. In addition to students from Middle Township, students from Avalon, Dennis Township, Stone Harbor and Woodbine attend the high school as part of sending/receiving relationships."
- School Data for Middle Township High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 30, 2016.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- Stone Harbor Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed August 12, 2014.
- Staff, Stone Harbor School District. Accessed August 12, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Cape May County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed August 12, 2014.
- Stone Harbor School District
- Stone Harbor School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Stone Harbor School District, National Center for Education Statistics