From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Suhail (also spelled Sohail or Shuhail or Suheyl;Arabic: سهيل) is an Arabic term commonly used as a male given name, and also referring to a number of stars typically seen near the southern horizon from Arabia.
- It is a shortened version of the traditional names of three stars in the obsolete constellation Argo Navis:
- The term has also been used for Canopus (α Carinae), the second brightest star in the night sky.
- Suhayl ibn Amr, A famous speaker in the beginning of Islamic history.
- Sohail Ahmed, Pakistani comedian
- Süheyl Batum, Turkish academic
- Suhail Nayyar, Bollywood actor
- Sohail Butt, Pakistani cricketer
- Suhail Galadari, Emirati Business Man, Director of Galadari Brothers LLC
- Sohail Khan, Bollywood actor/director
- Suhail A. Khan, American activist
- Sohail Sen, Indian film composer
- Sohail Tanvir, Pakistani cricketer
- Suheyl Umar, Pakistani scholar