Suhail (also spelled Souhail, Sohail, Suhalé, Shuhail, Suheyl, Suhayl, Sahil, Suheil, Suhel, Sohayl, Sohel, Soheil, Suhaili, Sahil, Süheyl; Persian: سوهیال; Arabic: سهيل) is a word which traces its origins to the Arabic and Persian languages. It is commonly used as a male given name in the Near East, North Africa, Asian Subcontinent, South East Asia and also refers to a number of stars typically seen near the southern horizon.
- It is a shortened version of the traditional names of three stars in the constellation Argo Navis:
- The term has also been used for Canopus (α Carinae), the second-brightest star in the night sky.
- Suhayl ibn Amr, A famous speaker during early Islamic history
- Sohail Ahmed, Pakistani comedian
- Süheyl Batum, Turkish academic
- Suhail Nayyar, Bollywood actor
- Sohail Butt, Pakistani cricketer
- Suhail Galadari, Emirati Businessman, Director of Galadari Brothers LLC
- Sohail Khan, Bollywood actor/director
- Suhail A. Khan, American activist
- Sohail Sen, Indian film composer
- Sohail Tanvir, Pakistani cricketer and sports player