Summit station (Illinois)
The Summit station in April 2016.
Archer and South Center Avenues|
Summit, IL 60501
|Line(s)||Illinois Central (CN)|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Fare zone||C (Metra)|
|Passengers (2017)||12,614 14.1% (Amtrak)|
Summit is an Amtrak and Metra train station in Summit, Illinois, United States. It is served by Amtrak Illinois' Lincoln Service, which operates daily, and Metra's Heritage Corridor commuter line, which operates only during morning and evening rush hours in peak direction. It is 11.9 miles (19.2 km) away from Union Station, the northern terminus of the line. Summit is also the closest Metra (and Amtrak) station to Midway Airport.
Summit is peculiar for a Metra station in that it is served by more Amtrak trains (four trains per direction throughout the day) than by Metra trains (three inbound morning and four outbound evening rush hour trains). This was also a stop for the Ann Rutledge until April 2007.
- Media related to Summit (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Summit, IL
- Metra – Stations – Summit (Metra)
- Summit Amtrak & Metra Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Station from Google Maps Street View
- Summit (SMT)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|