Summit station (Illinois)
|Location||Archer and South Center Avenues|
Summit, IL 60501
|Line(s)||CN Joliet Subdivision MT2|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Station code||SMT (Amtrak)|
|Fare zone||C (Metra)|
|2018||15,816 25.4% (Amtrak)|
|2018||101 (average weekday) 1% (Metra)|
|Rank||187 out of 236 (Metra)|
Summit is an Amtrak and Metra train station in Summit, Illinois, United States. It is served by Amtrak Illinois' Lincoln Service, which operates daily, and Metra's Heritage Corridor commuter line, which operates only during morning and evening rush hours in peak direction. It is 11.9 miles (19.2 km) away from Union Station, the northern terminus of the line. Summit is also the closest Metra (and Amtrak) station to Midway Airport.
Summit is peculiar for a Metra station in that it is served by more Amtrak trains (four trains per direction throughout the day) than by Metra trains (three inbound morning and four outbound evening rush hour trains). This was also a stop for the Ann Rutledge until April 2007.
The eastbound Lincoln Service only stops at Summit to discharge passengers, while the westbound train stops to discharge and receive passengers.
As of 2018, Summit is the 187th busiest of Metra's 236 non-downtown stations, with an average of 101 weekday boardings.
- 307 Harlem 
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2018, State of Illinois" (PDF). Amtrak. June 2019. Retrieved 25 December 2019.
- "Commuter Rail System Station Boarding/Alighting Count: Summary Results Fall 2018" (PDF). Metra. April 2019. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 May 2019.
- Metra Railfan Tips - Heritage Corridor
- "Route 307 – Harlem". PaceBus.com. Chicago: Pace Suburban Bus Service.
- Media related to Summit (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Summit, IL – Amtrak
- Metra – Stations – Summit (Metra)
- Summit Amtrak & Metra Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Station from Google Maps Street View
- Summit (SMT)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)