This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|City||Orange, California (TNN RADIO) Laguna Niguel, California (KXRN)|
|Broadcast area||Orange County, California
Worldwide @ kx935|
|Branding||TNN RADIO KX935|
|Slogan||The biggest little radio station on the planet, TNN RADIO Laguna's Only FM, KX935|
|Frequency||93.5 (MHz) / 93.5 fm|
|First air date||February 4, 2006 (ARN Studio, Anaheim, California) May 4, 2014 (KXRN aka KX935, Laguna Beach, California)|
|Format||Alternative Rock, Punk, Reggae, Ska, Generational Rock|
|Facility ID||KXRN / KX935 - 124565|
TNN Radio is an American modern rock radio program that broadcasts from KX935 studios in Laguna Beach, California, serving the Greater Orange County and Los Angeles areas. The contemporary modern rock format is similar to that found at other modern rock stations in California such as KROQ (Los Angeles), 91X – XETRA-FM (San Diego), and LIVE 105 (San Francisco).
TNN Radio's parent company, BNG Marketing, first launched the program in 2006. This program continues today as the name of the show's live broadcast. It began as a music only Alternative Rock program airing on a terrestrial radio station. The program was then broadcast as a live stream program on the American Radio Network in Anaheim, California through mid April 2014. In May 2014, TNN Radio transitioned to KX935 (93.5 FM), an FM station situated in Laguna Beach, California, which simulcasts both over terrestrial airwaves and live stream.
The live broadcast airs on Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Time Zone) on KX935 (KXRN) and i heart radio. The program features contemporary modern rock, as well as music from the genesis of the genre. The program also includes music from the new wave, punk rock, grunge, reggae, and ska genres going as far back as the 1970s.
TNN Radio today
1. The first personality brought on board was Jimmy Alvarez. Alvarez is a music media and publishing veteran. Jimmy has over twenty years experience in radio broadcasting with previous engagements at KROQ-FM in Los Angeles, California as well as a short stay at MARS FM – KDLD (103.1 fm) Santa Monica, California. Jimmy continues to act as TNN's Executive Producer and On-Air personality. Also on the broadcast is long-time co-host Christina Priess. In May 2016, former KROQ alum Randi Lavik joined the air staff as a correspondent reporter, and fill in DJ.
2. Also contributing to the TNN RADIO is broadcast media veteran Christy Carter. She too is a KROQ alum and former Evening DJ at FM/949 San Diego (KBZT). Christy acts as TNN's Music Director for its social media pages.
3. Over the years, TNN has developed a network of contributors that cover and report on events from coast-to-coast and around the world. TNN's reviews and photography have been featured in the OC Weekly, Slam Scene Magazine and the Los Angeles Times.
4. TNN is a media mainstay at events such as the Southern California leg of the Vans Warped Tour, Punk Rock Bowling, the It's Not Dead Festival and One Love Cali Reggae Fest.
6. TNN's video interviews have been featured on official websites for American Authors and The Adicts. Staff photographer Shareef Ellis has had his work featured in the OC Weekly and the Los Angeles Times. Staff photographer has had her work featured by bands such as, Awolnation, Blaqk Audio, Cage the Elephant, The Dirty Heads, The Offspring, The Interrupters, Lit, Sublime with Rome, Terri Nunn and Berlin, Oingo Boingo Dance Party, Rob Zombie, Social Distortion, Young the Giant, X the band and 311.
7. In August 2014, TNN partnered with Skindie Magazine to produce a series of video interviews. Their first collective effort was featured with the Pixies. That video was featured throughout all of the band's social media pages. AFI-side project XTRMST, Blaqk Audio as well as 311 utilized staff photos for their social media content.
8. In March, 2015 Executive Producer Jimmy Alvarez produced and interviewed blues icon Buddy Guy for the KX935 Morning Show with Host Tyler Russell.
9. In October, 2015 Dave McWane of Big D and the Kids table chose TNN RADIO to play their new single "Oi DJ."
10. In February 2016, Alvarez set and conducted interviews with the KX935 Morning show and TNN RADIO to promote the 2016 MusInk Festival with festival organizers John Reese and Travis Barker. Later that year, they chatted with Warped Tour Organizer, Kevin Lyman. On July 7, 2016, TNN RADIO teamed up with KX935 and was the only radio station to do a live broadcast from Warped Tour (Pomona Fairplex), featuring interviews with several headline bands . Lyman also announced the 2017 Warped Tour schedule and artists in March, 2017 on TNN RADIO.
11. In March 2016, Preiss acted as staff photographer for The Rolling Stones, shot shows in Latin America (Mexico City). In August, 2016 Christina served as staff photographer for Guns n' Roses for their Southern California leg of the tour.
12. In June 2016, Christina's photos were used for promotion of the 2016 X Games. In 2017, her photos were also used in an ad campaign for 311. Michelle Alvarez has her photos used for a 2017 ad campaign for OC legends Social distortion and new-wave icon Adam Ant. Preiss and M. Alvarez had their photo content used for marketing campaigns for the 2017 re-opening of the House of Blues venue in Anaheim, California. M. Alvarez has also had her work featured on Pollstar.
13. On June 17, 2016 Alvarez / TNN RADIO and KX935 published a semi-autobiographical music history piece on the evolution of the ska genre in the OC Weekly. The story chronicled the history and evolution of the genre through the eyes of Alvarez. Featured interviews included ska icons English Beat, The Specials, Selecter, Big D and the Kids Table, Reel Big Fish, Sublime with Rome, The Untouchables and The Interrupters. Contributors included Nate Jackson of the OC Weekly, Disc Jockey Martin Hanlin, Cameron Hallenbeck (International Band Research), (Arlene Semko, Editor).
14. On July 24, 2016 Alvarez and Preiss interviewed Milo Aukerman of the Descendents and discussed their 7th studio album Hyercaffium Spazzinate, and debuted songs off the new album. On July 28, 2016, Alvarez published an article on the band in the OC Weekly entitled Beyond the Music, the Story of the Descendents (Arlene Semko, Editor).
16. On August 14, 2016 Alvarez and Preiss interviewed Chris Cheney of The Living End, it was Cheney's first U.S. radio interview since 2012 after returning to the stage.
Over the years, TNN has engaged in featured video projects, published interviews and concert photography with notable acts such as: AC/DC, The Adicts, AFI, A Flock of Seagulls, The Airborne Toxic Event, Alien Ant Farm, Alkaline Trio, All American Rejects, American Authors, Angels & Airwaves, Anti-Flag, The Aquabats, Asking Alexandria, Awolnation, B52's, Bad Religion, Berlin, Black Uhuru, Bleachers, blink-182, Blondfire, Big D and the Kids Table, Blur, Buckcherry, Buzzcocks, Cage the Elephant, Cherie Currie of The Runaways, The Church, Cold War Kids, The Cult, The Damned, Dead Kennedy's, The Descendents, The Dickies, The Dirty Heads, Dramarama, Dropkick Murphys, Echo & The Bunnymen, The English Beat, The Expendables, Face to Face, Fishbone, Fitz and The Tantrums, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Grouplove, The Growlers, Godsmack, Buddy Guy, The Head and the Heart, Imagine Dragons, Interpol, The Interrupters, Iration, Jimmy Eat World, The Joy Formidable, Kongos, L7, Less Than Jake, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lit, The Living End, Madness (band), Marilyn Manson, Middle Class Rut, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Misfits, Missing Persons, Missio, Morrissey, The Motels, The Mowglis, Muse, Mustard Plug, MxPx, Neon Trees, New Found Glory, The Mr. T Experience, The Offspring, OK GO, Paul Weller, Pearl Jam, Pennywise, Pepper, Peter Murphy, Pixies, P.O.D., The Psychedelic Furs, Public Image Limited PIL, Puddle of Mudd, Rage Against the Machine, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Reel Big Fish, The Rentals, The Reverend Horton Heat, Rise Against, The Rolling Stones, Royal Blood, She Wants Revenge, The Selecter, Shonen Knife, The Slackers, Slightly Stoopid, Social Distortion, Soundgarden, The Specials, Starpool, Stone Temple Pilots, Sublime with Rome, Suburban Legends, Suicidal Tendencies, Sum 41, Supersuckers, The Suicide Machines, SWMRS, Taking Back Sunday, Third Eye Blind, They Might Be Giants, The Toasters, Twenty One Pilots, The Untouchables, The Vandals, Violent Femmes, Voodoo Glow Skulls, The Wailers, Walk the Moon, Weezer, Well Hung Heart, Wolfmother, Xtrmst, X, Youngblood Hawke, Young the Giant, Rob Zombie, Zebrahead, ZZ Ward, The 1975 and 311.
- Jimmy Alvarez; On Air Personality / Executive Producer
- Christina Preiss; On Air Personality / Photographer
- Mike Berault (aka Mike B); On Air Personality / Correspondent
- Randi Lavik; - On Air Personality / Correspondent
- James Martinez; - On Air Personality
- Jamie Nicole Rocha; - Correspondent
- Billy Skelly; - Photographer
- Alaina Pierce;– Photographer
- Gil Perez;– Photographer
- Fatima Kelly;– Photographer
- Michelle Alvarez;– Photographer
- Oliver Zavala - Photographer
- Cameron Schuyler;– Photographer
- Brittany Woolsey;– Correspondent/Photographer
- Priscella Vega;– Correspondent/Photographer
- Shareef Ellis;– Correspondent/Photographer
- Scarlett A. Lee;– Correspondent/Photographer
- Benny "The Breeze" Brezarich – Photographer
- Green Eyed Blonde Photography; - Photo content support
- Tiny Toy Land Photography; - Photo content support
- King Rock Photography; - Photo content support
- Dan Ardis – Technologies
- Amber Crouch – Art & Design
- Katon Guinen – Studio Production
- JTorpedo Media; - Video Production
- 51 Productions - Video Production
- Even Morgan Jones - Video Production
- Growvision Media - Video Production
- Arlene Semko; - Content Editor
Former on-air staff
- Lisa Myers aka "Lisa Lately"
- Baron Tenelle aka "Big B"
- Lydia Belton, PhD. aka "Dr. Tranquility"
- "KX 93.5 - Laguna's Only FM - Orange County Radio Station". KX 93.5. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- in the book Superstation
- FM/949 staff bio page
- Slam Scene Magazine article
- 5. ^ http://www.ibroadcastnetwork.org
- 5a.^ http://www.kroq.com
- 6. ^ http://www.weareamericanauthors.com
- 7. ^ http://ocmusicawards.com/oc-music-awards-academy-members/
- 8. ^ http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/2015/09/laguna_beachs_kx-fm_935_continues_its_indie_radio_rebellion.php
- 9. ^ https://instagram.com/tnn_radio_kx935/
- 10. ^ http://www.kx935.com/home
- 11. ^ https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tnn-radio/id1073986250?mt=2
- 12. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/music/the-evolution-of-ska-through-the-eyes-of-an-oc-radio-dj-7267266
- 13. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/music/the-descendents-keep-their-punk-lineage-alive-with-new-album-7377566
- 14. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/music/how-voodoo-glow-skulls-became-the-godfathers-of-skacore-7381034
- 15. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/music/oingo-boingo-dance-party-pays-tribute-to-the-original-bands-undead-spirit-7381028
- 16. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/music/ska-bands-raise-money-for-young-fan-with-cancer-at-carterpalooza-tomorrow-7431517
- 17. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/music/the-interrupters-are-the-leaders-of-the-4th-wave-ska-movement-7689506
- 18. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/music/20-years-after-their-debut-album-slightly-stoopids-career-is-still-sublime-7883787
- 19. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/content/printView/7922926
- 20. ^ http://www.ocweekly.com/music/inside-the-mischievous-minds-of-the-pixies-8048719