She Wants Revenge
|She Wants Revenge|
She Wants Revenge live in Orlando, FL.
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
She Wants Revenge is an American rock band, based in San Fernando Valley, California and formed in 2004. The group's debut album She Wants Revenge was released in early 2006, with three singles to follow ("These Things," a video featuring Shirley Manson from Garbage, "Out of Control," and "Tear You Apart" for which the video was directed by Joaquin Phoenix). The band has sold more than 300,000 records in the US. The band's second album, This Is Forever, was released in 2007. The group's third album, entitled Valleyheart, was released in 2011.
In 2007, the group was featured on the track "Time" with Timbaland. In a recent interview, Adam Bravin told Suicide Girls that She Wants Revenge has a lot of unreleased potential b-sides, like "Love to Sleep," which they'd like to share. Adam added that the band would like to tour with their heroes The Cure and Bauhaus. Recently, they have been released from their contract with the label Geffen/Interscope, according to a MySpace bulletin. The group formed their own label, Perfect Kiss, formerly an imprint, in 2008.
Their EP, Save Your Soul, was released to iTunes on May 13, 2008. The EP contained four tracks: "Save Your Soul", "A Hundred Kisses", "Sugar", and "Sleep". The group has formed a fan club and participated in the 2008 Nylon summer tour. Their song "Tear You Apart" appeared in the first season of the TV show Fringe (episode 18, "Midnight"), in the movie Number 23 starring Jim Carrey, and in the season 5 première of American Horror Story (episode 1, "Checking In").
An EP titled Up and Down, was released via iTunes on September 22, 2009. At the end of their tour to promote the release of Up and Down, She Wants Revenge began working on their third studio album, which would revisit the dark roots of their first album.
A new video titled "Take The World" was released February 7, 2011, prior to the release of their first single, "Must Be The One". The video was band member Adam Bravin's directorial debut. Filming for "Must Be The One" began on February 8, and was released in March. Valleyheart, the band's third studio album, was released on May 23, 2011.
On August 1, 2012, the band announced that they are taking an indefinite hiatus.
In 2015, She Wants Revenge gained more popularity following "Tear You Apart" appearing in American Horror Story: Hotel's season première. The song very quickly climbed the iTunes chart among others. The band announced 10 year anniversary shows throughout California in 2016 and have teased a full-return.
- Justin Warfield – vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Adam Bravin – bass guitar, keyboards, guitar, drum machine, percussion, programming, vocals
|Year||Details||Peak chart positions|
|2006||She Wants Revenge
|2007||This Is Forever
|2008||Save Your Soul
|2009||Up and Down
|Year||Song||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2005||"These Things"||—||22||—||—||—||She Wants Revenge|
|2006||"Tear You Apart"||—[A]||6||—[B]||81||158|
|"Out of Control"||—||—||—||—||—|
|"I Don't Wanna Fall in Love"||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007||"True Romance"||—||—||—||—||—||This Is Forever|
|"Written in Blood"||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011||"Must Be the One"||—||—||—||—||—||Valleyheart|
|"Take the World"||—||36||—||—||—|
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack – (October 2006; contributed "Kidnap the Sandy Claws")
- Timbaland Presents: Shock Value – (April 3, 2007; contributed "Time")
- Senft, Michael. "6/27: Get to know She Wants Revenge". azcentral.com (The Arizona Republic). Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- Cleinman, Daria. "She Wants Revenge - Love, Sex and Synthesizers". Regen Magazine. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "On the Horizon". The New Yorker. 84 (16-19): XVII. 2008.
- Sunshine, Tommie (August 2005). "Playlist". Spin. 21 (8): 101.
- She Wants Revenge & Depeche Mode Tour Dates
- Placebo to play US shows with She Wants Revenge
- Suicide Girls Interview
- Save Your Soul iTunes Download Link
- Up and Down iTunes Download Link
- Facebook Page; "Recent News" Section
- Interview with Adam Bravin at The Bottleneck, October 3rd 2009
- Official Facebook Post: Valleyheart
- SWR Twitter
- Scott Ellis (drummer)
- "She Wants Revenge – Chart History". Billboard.com.
- "Billboard.biz". billboard.biz. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Peaks in Scotland:
- Tear You Apart: "2006 07 23 Official Scottish Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. officialcharts.com/.
- Zywietz, Tobias. "Chart Log UK: DJ S – The System of Life". Zobbel. Retrieved 2011-10-07.