Taichung railway station
|TRA railway station|
|Location||1 Sec 1 Taiwan Blvd|
Central District, Taichung
|Distance||193.3 km to Keelung|
|Classification||Special class (Chinese: 特等)|
|Previous names||Taichū (Japanese: 臺中)|
|2018-10-01||Station hub complete|
|Passengers (2017)||19.431 million per year 2.47%|
|Rank||5 out of 228|
The station was originally constructed in 1905 and started its operation in 1908. On 16 October 2016, the elevated station was inaugurated in which the ground-level station was shut down. The first train that arrived at the elevated station was at 6:28 a.m. The ceremony was attended by President Tsai Ing-wen and Transportation and Communication Minister Hochen Tan.
The old station has one side platform and one island platform. The architecture dates from the era of Japanese rule, and is classified as a National Tier 2 Historic Site. The now-defunct Taiwan Sugar Railways' Zhong-Zhuo line once stopped at the station.
|3||2||■ West Coast line (northbound)||Toward Hsinchu, Taoyuan, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ Eastern line (southbound, cross-line)||Toward Yilan, Hualien, Taitung|
|■West Coast line (southbound Sea line, through Chengzhui line)||Toward Fengyuan, Houli|
|2||1B||■ West Coast line (southbound)||Toward Changhua, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
|■ West Coast (northbound through traffic)||Toward Hsinchu, Taoyuan, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ South-link line (southbound)||Toward Fangliao, Taitung|
|■ West Coast line (northbound Sea line, through Chengzhui line)||Toward Dajia, Zhunan, Hsinchu|
|1||1A||■ West Coast line (southbound, through traffic)||Toward Changhua, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
|■ West Coast line (northbound Sea line departure, through Chengzhui line)||Toward Dajia, Zhunan, Hsinchu|
|■ West Coast line (northbound departure)||Toward Fengyuan, Hsinchu, Taoyuan, Taipei|
|■ Jiji line (southbound departure)||Toward Jiji, Checheng|
Around the Station
- Chang Hwa Bank Headquarters and Museum
- National Chung Hsing University
- National Library of Public Information
- Taichung Confucian Temple
- Taichung Park
- Yizhong Street
- Central District Office
- Taichung Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Executive Yuan
- Bus transfer stops
- Chungyo Department Store
- Taroko Mall
- Taichung First Square Mall
- Zhongxiao Night Market
- Taichung Prefecture Hall
- "車站基本資料集". Taiwan Railways Administration. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- "各站營業里程-1.西部幹線". Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). 11 December 2008. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "車站數-按等級別分" (PDF). Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "臺鐵統計資訊". Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "車站簡介". Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). 11 December 2008. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "臺灣鐵路電訊". Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). Retrieved 4 September 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TRA Taichung Station.|
|This Taiwanese rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|