|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Map of Sulu with Talipao highlighted
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|District||1st district of Sulu|
|• Mayor||Sitti Raya Tulawie|
|• Total||380.57 km2 (146.94 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||210/km2 (550/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)68|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Electorate||21,017 voters as of 2016|
The municipality of Talipao derived its name from a certain couple, “Tal” and “Pao”, that of the husband’s and wife’s name respectively.
From the district of Jolo, it was transformed into a full-pledged municipality on July 1, 1957, under the provision of the Department of Mindanao and Sulu Administrative Code.
The Municipality of Talipao’s total area coverage is approximately 38,057.00 hectares.[dubious ] This constitute more or less 20.63% of Sulu’s total land area. It is bounded on the north by the municipality of Patikul; on the south by Sulu Sea; on the east by the municipality of Panglima Estino; and by the municipality of Maimbung on its west side.
The municipality of Talipao lies right in the mid portion of Jolo island with its Barangay Poblacion basically situated in the innermost central part of the municipality. From the capital town of Jolo, Talipao is connected with concrete-type national road which is approximately 22.8 kilometres (14.2 mi) away from the Sulu Provincial Capitol Complex.
Talipao is politically subdivided into 52 barangays.
- Bilaan (Pob.)
- Bud Bunga
- Kabatuhan Bilaan
- Kabatuhan Tiis
- Liu-Bud Pantao
- Lower Binuang
- Lower Kamuntayan
- Lower Laus
- Lower Sinumaan
- Lower Talipao
- Lumping Pigih Daho
- Talipao Proper
- Upper Binuang
- Upper Kamuntayan
- Upper Laus
- Upper Sinumaan
- Upper Talipao
|Population census of Talipao|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System