Talk:3rd New Zealand Parliament
|WikiProject New Zealand / Politics||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|A fact from 3rd New Zealand Parliament appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 22 June 2010 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
To do list
The article can be enhanced in the following areas:
- I don't have access to a document that states the sessions that this Parliament has had. That needs to be added.
- There are a lot of redlinked politicians in there. Maybe Hugo999 can help here.
- There are redlinks for the terms of the ministries. This is probably a bigger project to tackle (note that I'm working on the first one in my userspace, but that was during the 2nd New Zealand Parliament).
- There's a lot more historical context that could be added. So far, I've just listed the ministries and the land wars.
- It could do with a map for the electoral boundaries. Who has access to that kind of information?
But it's at least a start!
Note that I have included a column in the election table for provinces. There was a lot of parochialism going on back then, and all the reporting of election results always grouped things by provinces, so I guess it was of relevance. I'm planning on adding this to the previous parliaments, too. Any thoughts on this? Schwede66 23:56, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
- Possibly include the province without grouping them by province. When you get as far as the 5th session after the 1871, the papers were reporting the successful candidates as Centrists or Provincialists ie whether they would vote with Vogel to abolish the Provinces or not Hugo999 (talk) 02:14, 24 June 2010 (UTC)