Talk:452d Air Mobility Wing
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 452d Air Mobility Wing article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject California / Inland Empire||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
This article doesn't have any context, and requires a cleanup - eg What is a "Air Mobility Wing"? I guess they fly planes - what type? how many people in the wing? etc.... why does the name only have a "d" rather than a "nd" (as in second)? This article also does not assert notability - what have the 452d done? references are needed to show notability. I'm not going to nominate this for deletion - yet... - but it certainly is a currently candidate until the above is rectified --Ozhiker 19:28, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
1. The unit was never the 452nd Bombardment Wing, Heavy. It was constituted May 10, 1949 as the 452nd Bombardment Wing, Light and activated June 27, 1949 in the reserves at Long Beach Municipal Airport, CA. The later reference to it as the 452nd Bombardment Wing (Light) is incorrectly punctuated.
2. The unit was never designated the 452nd Tactical Bombardment Wing. It was the 452nd Bombardment Wing, Tactical.
3. There is a punctuation error in the designation when it was a Troop Carrier Wing. It was the 452nd Troop Carrier Wing, Medium.
4. The 452nd Air Refueling Wing was not "deactivated." Air Force units are inactivated. Neither was it inactivated, it was redesignated as the 452nd Air Mobility Wing and the 445th Military Airlift Wing was inactivated.
When mobilized for the Korean war the wing moved to George AFB, CA, then moved to Itazuke AB, Japan, Miho AB, Japan, then Pusan AB, Korea. When inactivated, it was replaced by the regualar 17th Bombardment Wing, Light.
Most of this information is available at http://afhra.maxwell.af.mil/rso/wings_groups_pages/0452amw.asp A link should be provided to this web page.
Also, an Air Mobility Wing is a unit that combines both airlift and air refueling units.
Lineagegeek 20:46, 27 October 2007 (UTC)Lineagegeek October 27, 2007
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
- In Hamilton Air Force Base on 2011-03-22 19:58:15, 404 Not Found
- In Hamilton Air Force Base on 2011-04-18 04:46:30, 404 Not Found
- In 13th Bomb Squadron on 2011-05-23 02:58:17, 404 Not Found
- In 17th Training Wing on 2011-05-25 02:00:51, 404 Not Found
- In 1st Troop Carrier Group on 2011-05-25 06:54:14, 404 Not Found
- In 13th Bomb Squadron on 2011-06-01 15:07:57, 404 Not Found
- In 17th Training Wing on 2011-06-01 22:26:07, 404 Not Found
- In 18th Operations Group on 2011-06-02 00:26:19, 404 Not Found
- In 1st Troop Carrier Group on 2011-06-10 04:31:19, 404 Not Found
- In 22d Air Refueling Wing on 2011-06-19 05:30:26, 404 Not Found
- In 32d Air Operations Group on 2011-06-19 06:34:59, 404 Not Found
- In 452d Air Mobility Wing on 2011-06-19 07:44:33, 404 Not Found