|WikiProject Dungeons & Dragons||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 19 December 2012. The result of the discussion was keep.|
I agree, I don't believe this is a stub, nor do I think it can be expanded upon without listing various locals within the Realms. Adding info about the Realms might just mirror whats on the Realms/Faerun's pages. Any thoughts?
ChrisViper (talk) 07:29, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
Valley of the gods
I remember hearing something (it may have been in Baldur's gate) there is an area on Toril called the valley of the gods, I think near the north pole where if any mortal goes there, he/she becomes a diety. I just can't remember where I read it. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:19, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
Can we get a globe map of Abeir-Toril? I hope there even is one, its too bad the interesting world of the Forgotten Realms is very under-appreciated.--Exander 01:49, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
- There is a globe map of the entire world of Toril in the Third Edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, but I don't have a scanner. Should I use my digital camera? ⇒ JarlaxleArtemis 04:13, 3 June 2006 (UTC)
- Thats great, whatever works is cool. Thanks for taking the initiative.--Exander 07:23, 5 June 2006 (UTC)
- It has a bit of a glare to it. I might take another picture without the flash. ⇒ JarlaxleArtemis 23:30, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
- There was an old 1990 CDROM (Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, I think), with a 3D globe.
David Latapie (✒ | @) 11:15, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
Anchorome, Osse, and Katashaka
Do these places even exist? They should be cited. Kimera757 15:53, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
- Anchorome has been part of Toril since its conception, Osse was mentioned in the novel 'Lady of Poison' and a Wizards article on Eastern Classes, Katashaka was mentioned in 'The Grand History of the Realms'. -- Noneofyourbusiness (talk) 16:09, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
It would be nice if someone could put up how you actually pronounce Abeir-Toril? Same case with all kind of articles about fictional places, persona or items --18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:07, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
while association does not make thing notable, the fact that forgotten realms IS the planet of Toril should be of some note to anyone that read either article. information on this fictional planet should have content here on wikipedia. whether it deserves its own article should be based on if there is another more appropriate place for the information and if the article chosen to hold it is not already long. maybe being placed within a generic Forgotten Realms article rather than sayFaerun or another region of Toril which would make no sense to be there whilst not in articles on all regions. i think its own article is desrved so not to clutter up other articles or to reproduce this material on each other article that may make reference to it. shadzar|Talk|contribs 18:33, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
Anchorome, Kara-Tur, Maztica and Zakhara are currently redirects to geographical index of Toril, which contains no information on them. IMO they should redirect to this article, and this article should have a single paragraph for each of the continents. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 06:47, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
Frostburn and Stormwrack
Are these really related to Aebir-Toril? Their front covers don't have the Forgotten Realms logo, and their product pages don't mention Forgotten Realms. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 06:51, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure that Maztica is also based on the Olmec, Epi-Olmec, Mixtec, Toltec, and Zapotec cultures. If these were mentioned in the article, I missed it. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Maztica is MORE based on them than on the Inca, who WERE mentioned in the article. Gringo300 (talk) 17:09, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
- we go based upon what the reliable sources say. -- TRPoD aka The Red Pen of Doom 17:13, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
Zakhara and India
There was a comment in the article, "Zakhara isn't India.", meaning that it allegedly isn't based on India. Actually, I'm pretty sure it IS partially based on India. Gringo300 (talk) 20:06, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
well i know of two nwn2 worlds/servers for Abier-Toril / Abeir-Toril
One is under Role play channel and the other under Alternative.
The one under Alternative is a new beginning, or alternate time line or just alternate world to the know world, in the Forgotenrealms.