Talk:Advanced Extension Award
Should an 'N.B.' be added to explain that even though the award is aimed at the top 10% of students, not all the top 10% of students take the exam as many see it as an increased workload (Students and Teachers)that might affected their A Levels (as the AEA is very rarely if ever included in an offer for a university place) and in some colleges and sixth forms only those applying to Oxbridge are allowed to sit the exam.
- I'm going to delete the "if ever" from "the AEA is very rarely if ever included in an offer for a university place" on the basis that I've just received an offer from Durham that asked for a merit in AEA Physics. Simxp 22:53, 19 January 2006 (UTC)
Though I can see you'be cited the sources at the bottom of the article, could you place a citation next to the relavent fact, also note that some of your links are "dead links". DannyM 19:47, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
Is there evidence that an AEA carries 40 points for Distinction and 20 for Merit? Or is something that someone agreed on with their university? Basically, has UCAS officially said this? I'm particularly interested because if it is true, then I am eligible for an excellence bursary.
Those are the official points values, , and it should also be noted that unlike other qualifications, a fail at AEA does not have to be declared on UCAS, and that most of the universities that AEA candidates apply for are unlikely to make point-based offers anyway, and instead just offer on specific grades —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:16, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
I think the headings of the sections of this page make it look like more of an advert for AEA, as if it has just been copied from a website attempting to sell them to you. User:algebra_man
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Advanced Extension Award. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110725050804/http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/449/13a.%20Withdrawal%20of%20AEA%20specs.pdf to http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/449/13a.%20Withdrawal%20of%20AEA%20specs.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090314062108/http://qca.org.uk:80/qca_4115.aspx to http://www.qca.org.uk/qca_4115.aspx
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071224052332/http://www.qca.org.uk:80/qca_4682.aspx to http://www.qca.org.uk/qca_4682.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.