|WikiProject Aviation / Aircraft||(Rated C-class)|
Khalidkhoso 11:42, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
D.H.5 or DH.5
This discussion should be taking place here, since it involves more than just this particular article. The current format for DH planes is DH.X, and if a change is needed that will affect many aircraft pages, it needs to be discussed there first. - Trevor MacInnis (Contribs) 20:47, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
- Discussion moved to Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Aircraft#D.H.5 or DH.5, as recommended above. -- MightyWarrior (talk) 23:01, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
- I find the site in question to be generally accurate although Jackson notes that by the end of 1916, service examples of the DH 5 were already at the front which predicates against the October date. The normal practise was to have a maiden test flight followed by manufacturers' trials and operational evaluation, each of which may take some time, albeit shortened in the case of a simple aircraft, especially in the press of wartime conditions in the First World War. FWIW Bzuk (talk) 13:17, 25 January 2008 (UTC).
According to the 41 Squadron article the DH.5 had alreasy been replaced in that unit with the S.E.5a by the time of the battle of Cambrai. Assuming the squadron article is right, I have eliminated the contradictory sentence - also a few minor tweaks so that the section reads coherently. Does anyone know off hand of another squadrom famous for flying DH.5s at Cambrai?? Apparently the remaining DH.5 units did do well there. --Soundofmusicals (talk) 01:56, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|Needs an infobox. The link cited as a reference is broken. Really needs a picture to convey the oddity of the airplane. Furthermore, my understanding is that the DH 5 was very unpopular in service, which might be a helpful addition to the article. M Van Houten 05:44, 14 February 2007 (UTC) Much improved over the previous version of the article. M Van Houten 05:50, 23 February 2007 (UTC)|
Last edited at 12:26, 12 June 2011 (UTC). Substituted at 06:54, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Airco DH.5. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080226052221/http://www.constable.ca/DH5.htm to http://www.constable.ca/DH5.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.