This WikiProject aims primarily to suggest how aircraft-related articles can be put in to Wikipedia in an extensible and coherent manner. It also wishes to encourage participation in creating and expanding articles related to Aircraft on Wikipedia. This project also aims to standardize the structure and display of information in these articles. It is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of Wikipedians.
The scope of the project includes (but is not limited to):
Articles on aircraft types form the bulk of the project and see the greatest activity. Newly contributed articles can be found listed at Wikipedia:New articles (Aircraft). Contributions older than the previous month can be found here. See WP:Aircraft/Engines for specifics on aircraft engines.
- Attention needed
- ...to referencing and citation (24,442) • ...to coverage and accuracy (24,064) • ...to structure (23,112) • ...to grammar (23,028) • ...to supporting materials (23,108)
- Cleanup needed
- Sukhoi Su-27, Su-30, etc. (Su-27 derivatives) - 26 March 2009: Articles need referencing, and some formatting/clean-up in places. Help where you can.
- Junkers Ju 52 - 7 May 2006: More Design and development information required.
- Regional airliner - 7 May 2006: Just moved from regional jet, needs refinement.
- C-141 Starlifter - 26 March 2009: Article needs some expanding in places and better referencing.
- Airbus A310 MRTT & A330 MRTT - 5 September 2008: A330 article needs more information about the plane itself. A310 article needs references.
- B-47 Stratojet - 20 August 2007: Has an enormous amount of information (is this a bad idea?), but much of it is too detailed/of questionable notability. Also lacking in some critical areas. Update: cleaned-up and re-org'ed. Plz review.
- Shaanxi Y-8 - 27 December 2006: I've been working on improving this article, but the Operational Usage section needs more expansion. Help also needed getting the citations organized better.
- Nanchang Q-5 - 10 January 2007: Needs a picture and desperately needs a good cleanup/copyedit (the Chengdu J-7 needs the latter, also).
- Mikoyan MiG-29, Mikoyan MiG-29M, Mikoyan MiG-35 - 21 July 2009: Articles are in OK shape, but needs more references/footnotes.
- Lockheed YF-12, SR-71 - 14 April 2009: Articles need better referencing and need more details in some places. Help where possible.
- SST articles Lockheed L-2000, Tupolev Tu-144, and Boeing 2707 - 17 August 2011: Articles need referencing and summarizing.
- Requested articles
- Fieseler Fi 1 • Fieseler Fi 3 • Grigorovich DG-56 • Grigorovich DG-58 • Grigorovich M-13 • Grigorovich M-14 • Grigorovich M-17 • Grigorovich M-18 • Grigorovich M-19 • Grigorovich M-21 • Grigorovich M-22 • Grigorovich M-23 • Grigorovich ROM-1 • Grigorovich ROM-2 • Grigorovich MRL-1 • Grigorovich MR-2 • Grigorovich MR-3 • Grigorovich MR-5 • Grigorovich MUR-1 • Grigorovich MU-2 • Grigorovich MUR-2 • Klemm Kl 26 • Myasishchev WB-109 • RFB Sirius II • Saunders-Roe Saro P.192 • Schütte-Lanz G.II • Schütte-Lanz G.III • Schütte-Lanz R.I • Technoavia SM-2000 • TsAGI 1-EA • TsAGI 2-EA • TsAGI 4-EA • TsAGI A-6 • TsAGI A-7 • TsAGI A-8 • TsAGI A-12 • Uppercu-Burnelli UB-20
- Expansion needed
- LH-10 Ellipse • Dyn'Aero Ban-Bi • Category:Aircraft stubs • Category:Aircraft component stubs • Category:Aircraft engine stubs • Category:Bomber stubs • Category:Aircraft without specifications
- Translation needed
- CASA C-212 Aviocar, CASA/IPTN CN-235, EADS CASA C-295