|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Animation studio article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at Symbiosis School of Economics supported by Wikipedia Ambassadors through the India Education Program during the 2011 Q3 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
|WikiProject Animation||(Rated Start-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Film||(Rated Start-class)|
crap non-compliant article abt studio set what i found in the accompanying supposed Dab off in the wrong direction, by starting with a dictdef that does not define an encyclopedic topic:
- A studio is an artist's or worker's workroom, or an artist and his or her employees who work within that studio.
A proper WP article has a single topic, and workrooms and organizations are two distinct things, even if a single word shades from things that are only one to things that are both to things that are only the other. WP:NOTDICT, and its units are clearly defined topics, not the vague boundaries created by usage. So the fault that first becomes obvious in the old content of the accompanying former alleged-Dab is refusing to Dab between facilities and organizations that use them.
I'd be beating a dead horse of a different color if i went on about that page's other faults. The new page at that title is also lousy, but it's not crap bcz it points the direction toward improvement instead of needing to be thrown out completely. My guess about the right topic may be wrong; that will be clearer when articles on topics corresponding to other senses of "animation studio" have been written, and more easily fixed at that time than now.
--Jerzy•t 01:38, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
Old content of the supposed Dab page
Content was moved into
- List of three-dimensional software animation packages
- List of two-dimensional software animation packages
The examples quoted or referred to on this talk page should not be treated a valid models. Please note that what must be in the article entitled "X" is different from what is acceptable in an article entitled "List of Xs". Also note that adding a dict-def lead secn like
- The following list of animation studios presents past and present organizations similar to artists studios but principally dedicated to the production and distribution of animated films. Such studios may be actual production facilities or corporate entities. Most are based in North America, particularly the United States of America, but some are to be found in Asia and Europe. Anime studios (Japanese animation) are also listed here.
does not make turn a list into an article, nor does renaming without "List of ...", nor the combination of the two changes. (Some legitimate articles include lists; can a list legitimately use e.g. "studio" as loosely as that list does? I think probably so, since it is so clear about it, but it should lk to one article for each sense, and it will be a more useful list if it labels each entry as to which sense(s) apply, or subdivides the list according to the sense(s).)
--Jerzy•t 05:17, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Animation studio. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111015070512/http://www.screened.com:80/news/how-tower-heist-could-have-changed-the-way-you-watch-movies-but-wont/3014/ to http://www.screened.com/news/how-tower-heist-could-have-changed-the-way-you-watch-movies-but-wont/3014/
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/press/2004/press040922.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110821141712/http://www.cvc.sunysb.edu:80/334/3d/3d.htm to http://www.cvc.sunysb.edu/334/3D/3D.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.