Talk:Apollo Victoria Theatre
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Apollo Victoria Theatre article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Please do not add copyright material to this page. It just gets the whole thing quickly deleted. (And if you pinched the text from us, and then claimed copyright on it - shame on you). Kbthompson (talk) 01:16, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
- Please do not use this as a reference, it appears to be a prior version of this article and by the principle that something cannot be verified by itself, it cannot be a valid reference. Kbthompson (talk) 08:49, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for rescuing the article, Kb, and well done. Maybe you should e-mail London-Theatreland at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them that the text on their apollo-victoria/history page came from the old Wikipedia article, and asking them to give the proper attribution. Maybe it was inadvertent, and they would put up the GDFL notice? Best regards, -- Ssilvers (talk) 05:44, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Not a problem, this version's better. On the other matter, it would get a minion into trouble at most and I doubt if they would take any notice. I now know what to do if this occurs again.
- I am surprised there is so little published on it either as cinema, or theatre. The closure in 1975 seems to have been more short lived than the reference I found indicates, as a number of live albums were recorded here in 1975-7. Not sure it's worth listing them. Kbthompson (talk) 15:00, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
Can you restore the old edit History (perhaps with some kind of lock) and an archive of the discussion from the deleted article? It seems a shame to lose the edit History, which shows that so many editors originally contributed to the article. Best regards, -- Ssilvers (talk) 19:04, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
- Sadly, not without having the full copyright argument and I'd have to do a merge - and the last one I saw an experienced admin do, failed miserably. The 'claimed' copyvio material should never see the light of day, even if it were nicked from us, if it came back (in the history) somebody would delete the whole thing again. Kbthompson (talk) 19:26, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
The theatre is described (twice, at least) in the article as the "largest West End theatre"... this isn't right, is it? I know others that call themselves "largest", and looking at their Wikipedia articles, the Palladium and Coliseum each have a couple of hundred seats more...
I don't want to remove the references from this article in case they are, in fact, right - so could someone (cough, kbthompson) who knows more than me maybe confirm?
- Someone rang? There are a number of ways of describing largest, earliest, etc - they're essentially meaningless descriptors. As you can see above, I didn't actually write it. I had to rescue it from the bin and rewrite the history section. All because some website had nicked it from here! (Rant over).
- I'm just going to change it ... Kbthompson (talk) 17:52, 19 April 2008 (UTC)