Talk:Auditory brainstem implant
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Auditory brainstem implant article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include Paid contribution disclosure, Conflict of interest, Autobiography, and Neutral point of view.|
|Ideal sources for Wikipedia's health content are defined in the guideline Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources (medicine) and are typically review articles. Here are links to possibly useful sources of information about Auditory brainstem implant.
|WikiProject Medicine / Neurology||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Chemical and Bio Engineering|
||It is requested that a photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
way too many WP:PRIMARY sources in this article. it is essentially a work of WP:OR and we don't do that here. will try to work on this over the next week or so. Jytdog (talk) 14:36, 8 January 2015 (UTC)
- some secondary sources I will rewrite this article using:
- Medina M, et al. Cochlear implantation versus auditory brainstem implantation in bilateral total deafness after head trauma: personal experience and review of the literature. Otol Neurotol. 2014 Feb;35(2):260-70. Review. PMID 24448286
- Merkus P, et al. Indications and contraindications of auditory brainstem implants: systematic review and illustrative cases. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2014 Jan;271(1):3-13. doi: 10.1007/s00405-013-2378-3. Review. PMID 23404468
- Colletti L, et al. Auditory brainstem implants for neurofibromatosis type 2. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Oct;20(5):353-7. Review. PMID 22886036
- Colletti V, et al. Progress in restoration of hearing with the auditory brainstem implant. Prog Brain Res. 2009;175:333-45. Review.PMID 19660666
- Schwartz MS, et al. Auditory brainstem implants. Neurotherapeutics. 2008 Jan;5(1):128-36. Review. PMID 18164492
- I am going to have a look at the following but they are generallly too old
- Kuchta J. Twenty-five years of auditory brainstem implants: perspectives. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2007;97(Pt 2):443-9. Review. PMID 17691334
- Cervera-Paz FJ, Manrique MJ. Auditory brainstem implants: past, present and future prospects. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2007;97(Pt 2):437-42. Review. PMID 17691333
- Seki Y, et al Auditory brainstem implants: current state and future directions with special reference to the subtonsillar approach for implantation. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2007;97(Pt 2):431-5. Review. PMID 17691332
- Di Girolamo S, et al. Functional outcome of auditory implants in hearing loss. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2007;97(Pt 2):425-9. Review. PMID 17691331
- that's it for now. Jytdog (talk) 16:51, 8 January 2015 (UTC)
|It is requested that an anatomical diagram or diagrams be included in this article to improve its quality. Specific illustrations, plots or diagrams can be requested at the Graphic Lab.
For more information, refer to discussion on this page and/or the listing at Wikipedia:Requested images.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Auditory brainstem implant. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110706185140/http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/mjm/v03n02/v03p115/v03p115.pdf to http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/mjm/v03n02/v03p115/v03p115.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.