Talk:Australian and New Zealand television frequencies
|WikiProject New Zealand||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Australia / Television||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Whoever (collectively) wrote this article has spent too much time with PowerPoint. May I humbly suggest rewording so it reads more like a descriptive article than a seminar? Sadly I don't have time myself to go through the whole thing. —Preceding unsigned comment added by WikiPhu (talk • contribs) 12:54, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
This really needs tidying up - it's been obvious for at least FOUR years that NZ is not going to continue VHF broadcasting; in fact all VHF will be turned off by the end of 2013. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:59, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Australian and New Zealand television frequencies. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121018105327/http://www.digitalready.gov.au/Content/Documents/Brochure-and-info-sheets/National/Digital-television-services-on-Channel-12.aspx to http://www.digitalready.gov.au/Content/Documents/Brochure-and-info-sheets/National/Digital-television-services-on-Channel-12.aspx
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081014043430/http://spectrumonline.med.govt.nz/ to http://spectrumonline.med.govt.nz/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071028015905/http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/resource-library/publications/spectrum-band-plans/pib-21-table-of-radio-spectrum-usage-in-new-zealand to http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/resource-library/publications/spectrum-band-plans/pib-21-table-of-radio-spectrum-usage-in-new-zealand/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130410075650/http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_90056 to http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_90056
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Historical Development in NZ
In popular culture, there is a TV series "50 Years of New Zealand Television" that covers in Episode 1 some of the early difficulties of getting TV broadcasting started in NZ, but with no coverage at all with respect to Frequency Allocation.
New Zealand for all practical purposes did not get television broadcasting of any kind until around 1960, when a Pay TV system was allowed to operate in Auckland.
The existing documentries on TV devlopment in NZ don't cover Frequency Allocation
- The First 5 Years of Television
- Network New Zealand
- 25 Years of Television
- 50 Years of NZ Television