Talk:Baptismal font

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search


  • More should be added to this page. I don't know enough to do it myself, but it is required. Do you agree? --St91 20:24, 26 February 2007 (UTC)


I have never heard any who believe in immersion of adults use the term "baptismal font"; this is usually used as the Catholics do, referring to a bowl for sprinkling children. The structure for immersing adults is always called a "baptistry." This term should either be added to the page, or should replace the term "baptismal font" in the immersion section. (talk) 22:04, 30 May 2009 (UTC)

Not really. The font is the actual bowl. But the baptistery is the building or structure containing the font. Bytebear (talk) 03:58, 8 June 2009 (UTC)