Talk:Billie Joe Armstrong/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Vocal Pitch
- 2 mug shot
- 3 Birthplace
- 4 Billie Joe Armstrong ethnic hertiage
- 5 Billie Joe's Sexuality
- 6 "He is also of Jewish descent"
- 7 vegetarian
- 8 Libertarian
- 9 Bands BJ has been in
- 10 Leave Him Alone
- 11 Hair Color
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Removed Fan Info
- 14 Billie explanation
- 15 Fan comments
- 16 Wilhelm Fink
- 17 Dreamland.
- 18 Archive?
- 19 Two
- 20 "Tradition" of kissing?
- 21 drinking
- 22 IMDb
- 23 Adriana Mercury
- 24 Anachronism?
- 25 glasses
- 26 Wtf?
re: "He is known for his distinctive voice, which is usually of a higher pitched tone than most lead singers" Is this really worth including? Is his voice any higher than the singers from his contempories like Less Than Jake or MxPx or Blink 182?
- I agree, he really isn't "known" for it, although his voice is distinctive...
is the mug shot absolutely necessary? I'm not really sure myself, but I'd like to know what other people think about it.--Alhutch 21:52, 30 December 2005 (UTC)
- The mugshot is not necessary and absolutely counterproductive. I am not being biased at all, but because we are not talking about a convicted felon or some criminal mastermind here, we do not need this kind of picture. I am going to change the picture. Arbiteroftruth 04:34, 2 January 2006 (UTC)
- Billy Joe's arrest for drunk driving was a pretty big deal and certainly more interesting/newsworthy than a lot of the trivia included in this article - as far as i'm aware the picture wasn't included in the article at all there was just a link to mugshot in the external links section - which seems thoroughly reasonable to me, in fact it would seem reasonable to mention the arrest in the article as well. Marilyn Manson, Tim Allen and so on all have links to their mugshots after their arrests in their articles - it's a perfectly reasonable piece of information and warrants inclusion. Just to clarify i'm not the person who added it, I just remember seeing it in the article before. Arbiteroftruth says we aren't talking about a convicted felon but I believe he was convicted of the drunk driving incident so technically we are. I also don't understand how its inclusion could possibly be 'counterproductive' unless the goal of this article is to make Billy look good rather than to offer information on the subject.18.104.22.168 00:51, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- I completely agree with the above poster. The fact that he was arrested for drunk driving (and he was more than twice over the legal limit) is far more of a significant piece of information about the man than the exact length of his wedding (mentioned twice in this article) or that his father was a minor-league baseball pitcher. There is plenty of uncited trivia in the article as well as those two examples, his arrest for drunk driving was a well documented and very notable event. MagicBez 00:14, 20 October 2006 (UTC)
Billie Joe was born in Oakland, NOT Rodeo. This was even stated by his own mother on their Driven special. Lastly, whoever changed it back to Rodeo didn't bother to proofread (I'm not naming names...): "Armstrong was the youngest of six kids born in Rodeo and later raised in Rodeo, California". Also check here and it gives his county of birth as Alameda (Rodeo, CA is in Contra Costa). --Fallout boy 09:37, 26 August 2005 (UTC)
Billie Joe Armstrong ethnic hertiage
This taken from blender magazine issue june 2006 page 98 by auther John Weiner. Billie Joe " What's the most American thing about you ? He goes on to state he from mix hertiage that his father was half English and Half italian. His mother is scotish , Dutch, Irish, some where way back there some cheroke in her family.
Billie Joe's Sexuality
Well, I don't care what Billie Joe is. He is a great guy and a true musician. I think that it doesn't matter what he is. He is just a good person.
the article (1) says nothing about Billie being bisexual! it implicitly states he has nothing against it, but at the same time he did not engage in any ... erm ... you know, with a guy.
so I wanna remove Billie from the famous gay people list. what do you say? -unsigned
- Maybe you missed it since it's the last line of the article and vandals keep taking it out. The last line says that he has said that he considers himself to be bisexual. So the category of bisexual people fits, if you ask me. Dismas|(talk) 07:23, 25 October 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, he is bisexual, not homosexual. Please read the text properly before you address an issue. --Hollow Wilerding 21:28, 12 November 2005 (UTC)
If you can't spell Billie Joe's name correctly, you don't get to add info about him as you are obviously an idiot. I can't believe I just went through here and had to edit that three times! Also, yes, he has had experiences with men, I heard him say it with my own ears, on Live 105 in San Francisco at least five years ago, when they still had the Johnny Steele show in the morning. And this is from the 1995 interview with The Advocate, look it up:
"For Armstrong, who grew up with band member Dirnt in a suburb of Berkeley called Rodeo, homosexuality is neither a new subject nor one he must defend himself against. “I think I’ve always been bisexual,” Armstrong says simply. “I mean, it’s something that I’ve always been interested in. I think everybody kind of fantasizes about the same sex. I think people are born bisexual, and it’s just that our parents and society kind of veer us off into this feeling of Oh, I can’t. They say it’s taboo. It’s ingrained in our heads that it’s bad, when it’s not bad at all. It’s a very beautiful thing.” When asked whether this beautiful thing is something he’s ever actually acted on, the recently married (and about to become a father) Armstrong smiles. “I think mostly it’s been kept in my head,” he says. “I’ve never really had a relationship with another man. But it is something that comes up as a struggle in me. It especially came up when I was about 16 or 17. In high school people think you have to be so macho. People get attacked just because someone insinuates something about their sexuality. I think that’s gruesome.”
Man... what is it with people and denying Billie's sexuality because he married a woman? Adrienne is AMAZING to say the least, even a blind gay man would want her. She just radiates beauty inside and out. Billie is bisexual, and I take offense to anyone denying it just because he's settled down with someone. You can't settle down with one of each as a bisexual. If he'd married a man, you'd all call him gay even though he's bisexual. That's just the way it seems to work. Good work on the above for posting the advocate article. -unsigned
This is what I got out of the article: Billie just supports gays and has absolutley nothing against them. He considered himself bisexual only because he felt that homosexuality touched his life in many personal ways. [his uncle was gay and his girlfriend was bisexual.] i think that he is more heterosexual then he is bisexual. He even admitted that he never loved any man nor did he date one. Billie Joe Armstrong is considered bisexual only because he stands up for gays;not because he has the same liking for both men and women. I believe that to properly adress this I think you should put Billie under heterosexuals but recognize him for his beliefs by explaining that he said he was bisexual because he feels that homosexuals should not be mistreated. I think that he was just merely confused when he was interviewed. -unsigned
- Except, he says he's bi and he's bi in his head which means he thinks guys are hot and he says it's been an issue for him, deciding. He's said it on MTV, VH1, in rock magazines as well as the Advocate. He's a bisexual because he says he is. I think he would know, even if he has never done anything with a guy, I see no reason not to believe him. Zythe 14:58, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
"I think that he was just merely confused when he was interviewed." Fortunately, it's not up to you. It's up to him. If he says he is, you can't just say he's confused. That's offensive, and stupid of you.
The fact is, he says he is, and he feels he is, therefore we trust that he is. Give up already. If you're just upset that your punk frontman's gay I suggest you get personal help and stop harrassing wiki to change crap to make you more comfortable. -unsigned
If Billie Joe Armstrong has stated that he is bisexual, then I'm 100% positive that he knows what he is talking about. All of you have to realize that you are edit warring over something silly; you can't decide whether he is or is not bisexual, because that's not up to you. It's up to him. If he has stated it and has said that he's had trouble "deciding", then the facts are clear as day. I am a big fan of Green Day myself, but I don't argue over whether Armstrong is heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual all day. I could really care less actually, considering that my life (or anyone else's life) isn't going to influence him. That's his decision, and you know it. If he thinks males are hot, then that's great! We should be supporting him, and that's what I've just accomplished! —Hollow Wilerding . . . (talk) 21:09, 20 December 2005 (UTC)
"He is also of Jewish descent"
This was in the article, but I'm 99% sure it's not true. 22.214.171.124 07:54, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
- Well, woopteedo, anonymous. I guess it shouldn't be included if you don't think it's true. Let's just forget about the external links as references to the article. By the way, there are already two headings for his religion on this talk page; use one of those instead of starting a new discussion. ~ Hibana 05:09, 19 December 2005 (UTC)
- You do realize that none of the external links mention this, that the discussion about religion up above wonders if he is Catholic or something similar, and that this bit of info was added a couple of days ago, also by an anonymous user? 126.96.36.199 06:02, 19 December 2005 (UTC)
This is all getting rather silly. I don't know if he's vegetarian or not but the article had conflicting sentences in it today. This is what I removed: "Billie is not a vegetarian, contrary to popular belief. In an interview for the Idiot Club on Green Day's website, he answered a question from a fan stating that he wasn't a vegetarian. None of the members of Green Day are vegetarians. Unfortunatly for the fan, this is untrue and Billie Joe and fellow Green Day band member, Mike Dirnt, are both vegitarian." CambridgeBayWeather (Talk) 15:50, 24 December 2005 (UTC)
you're confusing me, billie joe armstrong, himself says none of the members are vegetarian, in person on camera, but you're saying he lied?
- No I'm not saying he is (or is not) a vegetarian, nor am I saying that he lied. Originally the sentence said:
- "Billie is not a vegetarian, contrary to popular belief. In an interview for the Idiot Club on Green Day's website, he answered a question from a fan stating that he wasn't a vegetarian. None of the members of Green Day are vegetarians."
- Then someone added another sentence so that it then read:
- "Billie is not a vegetarian, contrary to popular belief. In an interview for the Idiot Club on Green Day's website, he answered a question from a fan stating that he wasn't a vegetarian. None of the members of Green Day are vegetarians. Unfortunatly for the fan, this is untrue and Billie Joe and fellow Green Day band member, Mike Dirnt, are both vegitarian."
- I was trying to figure out if he was, or was not a vegetarian. I couldn't so I removed the contradiction and put it on the talk page. I figured that someone who knew better would be able to correct it and so far noone has. CambridgeBayWeather (Talk) 03:50, 15 January 2006 (UTC)
Ok the man himself said he wasnt a vegetarian and i dont see why its important if his or not.
Actually, Mike Dirnt is Vegan Greatrayray 01:10, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
- No actually, he's not. None of the members of green day are vegetarians, though they may have been at one time.--Jude 08:47, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
- While I am not entirely sure of his political standing, I do remember reading (in a scanned magazine) that he has sided with John Kerry instead of George W. Bush, which would make him... Democratic, actually... So yes, that may be an incorrect fact.
Because he sides with kerry hes democrat? Incorrect..now you're just making assumptions...and you know what happens when you assume.
- He's not making assumptions, he is stating that there is a very large possibility that he is a Democrat, because he supported Kerry, but not directly implying that he is. Of course we all know that just because you support someone doesn't mean you are a member of their party, but sometimes party politics and partisanship get the best of us, and that's okay. The discussion is getting hot-headed, now let's try to cool off. Эйрон Кинни (t) 08:21, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
Bands BJ has been in
Bj has been in heaps of bands such as -sweet children -pinhead gunpowder -Blatz -Rancid -Goodbye harry -the corrupted morals is there any more that he has been in?
billie joe was not in the band "the lookouts" that was trè before he went into green day. soon after trè became a drummer for green day, the lookouts became a record lable, i think...
Hes in a new wave band called the Network, they're a great band, check em' out and he has played bass live with the influents.
actually, no one knows if the members of Green Day are in the band the Network. it seems like it, but they keep denying it. just though you might want to know that. --Greendayrox 20:13, 1 July 2006 (UTC) i know it is not one of the bands he has been in, but there was no edit section for equipment. i just thought you should know that gibson now makes a signature model of his les paul jr. guitar.
Billie Joe was also in a band called Condom.
Lookout! records was around when the band The Lookouts were together.
Leave Him Alone
You guys, it really doesn't matter what religion, sexuality, etc. etc., he is. He's a great musician and an interesting guy, but we don't need to psychoanalyze his personal life. So instead of doing long complex posts about it (and getting way too excited), why don't you just leave him alone and do something more productive with your time.
- Precisely. Aren't there fansites for obsessing about that kind of thing? Christy747 19:06, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
So totally! I'm glad you agree. 188.8.131.52
Of course there are fan sites devoted to Billie Joe psychoanalysis, and you are right, Wikipedia isn't a fan site, it is a collaborative encyclopaedia, which should contain little or no speculation at all. Kareeser|Talk! 21:49, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
Yeah, if it's an online encyclopedia we really don't need any information on his personal life. If that's what people want they should just follow the links to the fan sites. But for anyone who just wants to find out who he is, some of the stuff up there is totally inappropriate. 184.108.40.206
- Care to give us an example? His quote regarding his sexual preference is not inappropriate at all, as it is information about Billie Joe himself. Your own opinions guiding you to removing that section, however, is biased. Kareeser|Talk! 23:39, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
That is a good point. However, I do believe that that is personal information that isn't neccessary on an online encylopedia. Billie Joe has also said several other things about himself that aren't (and shouldn't be) included here. They have their own appropriate place to be written. For Wikipedia's purpose, I don't believe it is pertinent. I also don't believe anything about his religion is pertinent. You can call me biased, but I just don't think certain things should be up there. Also, why should we have things about certain people's sexuality? Why should it matter? If we have it for some people then why don't we have it for everyone? 220.127.116.11
You are good at arguing your point, because you really made me think about it. You know, I think the main objection I have with some of the content is that it's totally irrelevant. I not only think the bisexual comment should be taken out, but also the whole Trivia section. I mean, come on. Trivia? We sound like Imdb! Encyclopedia's shouldn't have Trivia! The only information that we technically need is a small bio and things regarding his music, such as the section about his guitars. In my opinion, anything else is excess. If people really WANT more information then they can go to the fansites. That's my opinion, and I don't know if anyone else agrees or not, but thank you for letting me share it. 18.104.22.168
- You do bring up a good point about the Trivia. I, actually, am the person who created the trivia section in the first place, since there was a rather random fact that was stuck in the middle of the paragraph. It has grown since then, but I suppose some of it mught just be fan information. Kareeser|Talk! 16:27, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude. Yes, when you have random facts stuck in, a Trivia section is a good answer to that, but now all it is is fan information, and that definitely isn't necessary. 22.214.171.124
Just something that ought to be said-- I've gone onto lots of pages for musicians, and they're all smaller than Billie Joe's page. The pages for the members of Franz Ferdinand for instance. Also Dexter Holland, Eddie Vedder, Jonny Greenwood, Phil Selway, Colin Greenwood, James Iha. They're smaller, but they still have decent content. 126.96.36.199
- I suppose you have proven your point. You may be bold and update the page to your liking. I can't speak for others, though, so make sure you leave a good edit summary. Kareeser|Talk! 05:48, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
Do you have any tips from your own experience on the edit summary? 188.8.131.52
- Sure thing. If you're planning on removing an entire section, make sure you can explain it well. If it's too long an explanation, don't hesitate to say "See talk page for more details". If somebody disagrees, they can easily leave a message on the talk page, and discussion can continue there. Also remember to keep your cool. If somebody reverts your section deletion, don't act rashly and revert back to your version or start an edit war. Don't violate the three-revert-rule, and you'll be fine. But hey, it's not all rules and regulations. One of the five pillars of Wikipedia state that: Wikipedia doesn't have firm rules. Happy editing! Kareeser|Talk! 18:09, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
Thanks a lot! 184.108.40.206
Can we update and/or add a picture of him with his new blond hair? I know Green Day Authority and Green Day dot net have some very new pictures. Starla Dear 17:12, 15 March 2006 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, we can't simply steal pictures off of other websites, as they are most likely copyrighted. If we had permissions, or if we took the pictures ourselves, then that may be done. Kareeser|Talk! 17:49, 15 March 2006 (UTC)
- Sounds good, but uploading images really isn't my line of expertise. Sorry. Can someone else do it? Starla Dear 17:25, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- I've uploaded a picture, its from GreenDayAuthority.com. From what I can tell, they don't hold a copyright on the image...But I'm not entirely sure if anyone else does. Well, anyway, here it is: Let the discussion begin ;]
Acidophilisation 00:14, 24 March 2006 (UTC)
- I wouldn't say it's my favorite picture of Billie Joe (I'm not particularily fond of the color change--it's his hair, though), but I think it would serve its purpose nicely. Starla Dear 01:33, 24 March 2006 (UTC)
I liked it too but he's changed back to black!! (Green Day Authority) Do we still have the link to the old picture?Kokiri kid
- And my whole point in wanted a new one was BECAUSE he had changed to blond...I guess he's a little fast for us...Starla Dear 23:49, 25 March 2006 (UTC)
I suppose it's okay. Our job isn't to keep switching pictures for every new hairstyle. Everybody knows Britney Spears doesn't look like that anymore! Besides, I do like change, and the new pic has Billie Joe in an awesome pose. Kareeser|Talk! 22:27, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
- Whoa! Heck yes, she doesn't. Yeah, and since it's Billie Joe we're talking about, it'd be pretty difficult to change it every time he changed his hair color/got a hair cut/didn't shave/etc. Also, the last one was from, what, 2004? Starla Dear
At polish Wikipedia we don't have any photos with Green Day, only this:
Beacuse we can't use 'fair use' graphics, so plWiki is good, beacuse it has good articles not good graphics. We're happy of pfotos done ourselves. Mataga 07:18, 28 March 2006 (UTC)
- Why was the picture changed again? Is it just me or did I miss something... I thought we were going to keep the Billie Joe Blonde.Starla Dear 18:58, 29 March 2006 (UTC)
I think that pfoto of BJ with blonde hair will be better than that:
Mataga 11:27, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
- The image Image:Billiejoeblonde.jpg seems to have been deleted... and the current picture also doesn't have any source information, so it'll be deleted soon as well... Kareeser|Talk! 15:44, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
- P.S. The deletion log info is here
Without the photo... Mhm... That's interesting.
--Mataga 14:28, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
correct me if i'm wrong, but i recently read that he changed his recently blonded hair back to black...is this true?
Yes, that's true.
There is no copyrights on GDAs pics they are just a fansite so they get there pictures from someone else through emails from fans and what not.
Shares a birthday with heiress/socialite Paris Hilton and Harry Potter actress, Bonnie Wright.
IMO I do not think that this trivia is important enough to be included. --220.127.116.11 09:54, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
- I totally agree.
- What about the eyeliner comment? He wears eyeliner! OMG!!!! Like, doesn't everyone know that already? How totally insane! Starla Dear 20:27, 26 April 2006 (UTC)
I think Billie is a great person
Removed Fan Info
I removed the following info:
Billie Joe Armstrong hertiage accoding to him from blender issue june 2006 page 98
His father was italian and english decent and his mother is scotish, dutch, Irish , way back in the his mother side also Cherokee indians.
As it is poorly written. As I do not have the time now, could somebody volunteer their time and rewrite this into the introductory or biography paragraph? Thanks, Kareeser|Talk! 15:13, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
"Bille Joe has a rich heritage with numerous nationalities on both his paternal and maternal side. His father is of Italian descent and his mother is of mixed Scottish/Irish, Dutch and Cherokee descent."
Something like that, although the first sentence is rubbish. I've put Scottish and Irish together but they are both Celtic nations and, being part of the British Isles, there has been a lot of intermingling between the two (before the union of Britain some Irish clans left and went to Scotland to fight against the English). Anyway, I've been a Green Day fan for the past fifteen years, but I must admit that I know (or have forgotton) much of Billie's family history. Doesn't he take "Armstrong" from his father's side. If so, Armstrong is a clan from the English/Scottish border. He may take Armstrong from his mother, I don't know. But it's certainly not a very Italian name. Where does his father's Italian blood come from? I think he does have Italian blood somewhere, but I don't know where. Is all of this really true anyway? I think it should be investigated before it's put up in the article. hedpeguyuk 18:25, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
What value is it anyway? Human beings mingle, races converge. If you were to trace my family history you would find Irish/Scottish/English, German/Austrian, Hungarian, French and Scandanavian (Vikings!). There will be a lot of other nationalities also somewhere. Unless his immediate family were recent immigrants, what relevance does it have? Oh, I didn't see the English bit by his father, that may explain the Armstrong but my point still remains that it should really matter. Europeans and Americans are all mongrels (in a nice way). hedpeguyuk 18:35 22 May 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. Starla Dear 17:27, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
This should also be removed -- "In the morning, Billie Joe ususally doesn't do his hair. But on a show morning, he gels his hair and shakes his head. Then eyeliner and mascara." I hardly see how this is enclyclopedic or how it has any value to the article, at all.
I think BJ was taking the michael when he claimed the reason for being called "Billie" rather than "Billy" was that his mother was high on painkillers. He was actually born William..I've also removed the bit about him "sacking"/"replacing" their former drummer. I've spoken to a number of people at Lookout and they maintain John left to pursue his studies. Billie was aware of the situation. Unless a citation can be found, I feel it should be removed. hedpeguyuk 18:43 22 May 2006 (UTC)
Wrong..his name is not william joseph its Billie Joe..the man himself even said so and yeah if u read any article on green day theyll say that John left for college but he had stints in other bands but as of now he is out of the music industry.
This talk page is meant for consensus, and information regarding the hopeful improvement of the Billie Joe Armstrong article. The fact that many fans are leaving comments that aren't relevant to the discussion (and are potentionally insulting) does not offer anything positive or worthwhile to the article. That is why I am wondering if we have the okay to go ahead and revert fan trash that is wasting disk space and valuable time, and effort to we can get on with the things needed to be addressed efficiently. I would greatly be appreciative if someone would offer me a specific reply on this. Thank you. Эйрон Кинни (t) 08:24, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- Most of it isn't worth reading, nor is it worth archiving. Go ahead, I won't object. Kareeser|Talk! 18:01, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, please do! I wonder, too, given the frequency of anon vandalism, whether we can partially lock this page? Thoughts? Joel Bastedo 22:22, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- Please delete the homophobic drivel that it currently cluttering up the page and adding absolutely nothing to the discussion. Dev920 17:56, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. The sexuality section... I couldn't even figure out who was saying what. I tried to clear some stuff up, but I couldn't. If someone else could, that would be great. I cleaned out some of the other sections.--Jude 22:50, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- Please delete the homophobic drivel that it currently cluttering up the page and adding absolutely nothing to the discussion. Dev920 17:56, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
I was wondering if anyone would disagree with me if I removed all the unsigned homophobic comments? I was going to leave significant contributions to the conversation (even if unsigned) and remove anything unsigned and unfounded.
If anyone disagrees with the idea, let me know. I'll give it 7 days before I get around to it so anyone can object here.--Jude 07:04, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
- Commencing Cleanup, if anyone objects, please let me know and revert it.--Jude 05:18, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
Should the article Wilhelm Fink redirect here, since it is Billie Joe's alias for writing songs for Pinhead Gunpowder?
The Dreamland film Billie Joe apparently did did not have an article on Wikipedia, the link leads to a disambig page Does it exist? Dev920 17:56, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
Is it maybe time to create an archive?--Jude 06:10, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
Why did he go to two different high schools?--Kingforaday1620 23:23, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
- that's a really good question, thanks for contributing. I don't have any resources to hand you, but the way I seem to remember it is he just switched because he wanted to, but I'm willing to bet his mother thought it might help him to improve his academic performance. It is fact, however, that he did not get kicked out of either school. He cleared that up in the question and answer on the Idiot Club.--Jude 01:35, 31 October 2006 (UTC)
- At least at the time, Pinole Valley was a better school than John Swett.Theplanetsaturn 02:25, 31 October 2006 (UTC)
"Tradition" of kissing?
The "tradition" of kissing a man at "every" concert is clearly a violation of the "always" and "never" rule of common sense. He hasn't kissed a guy at every concert he's ever done. He has kissed a guy at several concerts, however. I'm rewording this statement and I'm working on providing video and photo evidence, because it is true that he has kissed men at concerts, however not "every" one of them.--Jude 14:22, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- I reworded the content and cited four sources. The photos were uploaded to tinypic.com and the youtube video was the first content in the search for "Billie Joe kissing." I'm not so sure how kosher that last link is, but I found it pretty funny lol. Oh and just in case none of my sources are kept, there's an amazon review here that includes a synopsis of Riding in Vans with Boys--Jude 14:44, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
Is he sober or still drinking and doing drugs?--Kingforaday1620 22:52, 14 November 2006 (UTC)
- I would venture a guess and say that he still drinks. In an interview with Q magazine back in May 2005, he stated that alcohol agreed with him very well, but that coke and speed were not drugs he would ever do again.--Jude 08:10, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
I don't think that using the IMDb "biography" link is a credible source for information. It's used in the trivia section about "Jason Mewes" and while it might be completely true, it's like linking another wikipedia article as a source. The Biographies on IMDb can be edited by users.
For example, the biography says: "Billie Joe formed a very strong relationship with his father, who, at the age of ten, gave him his very first electric guitar - blue - which he still uses to this day, imaginatively named thus because of its pale blue colour." Which we know isn't true. His mother bought him the guitar when he was 11, after his father passed away, as said in the Q&A on the Idiot Club.--Jude 08:17, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
There is an article titled Adriana Mercury containing many false claims about a person who is purported to be Billie Joe's identical twin sister. (Yes, I know that isn't true, and that it's not even biologically possible.) If the article is still there when you read this, I would appreciate it if anyone would comment at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Adriana Mercury so we can get rid of the false article. --Metropolitan90 23:41, 18 November 2006 (UTC)
A simple discrepancy: How can the guitar "Blue" be given to Armstrong by his father at age eleven when, according to an earlier claim, Armstrong's father died when Billie was ten?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) .
- I agree with you. Billie stated himself that his mother bought him the guitar when he was 11 years old. I'll edit the info in the article.--Jude 06:10, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
- There's no photo proof that he wears glasses. There is photo proof he doesn't wear contacts, though. Just check any of the ultra-high resolution images.--Jude 06:14, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
Isn't wearing contatcts in the basket case video?--22.214.171.124 22:25, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
- Nope, the colour in that video has been altered to have a very high-coloured look. Everything is enriched, so his eyes look very green as a result.--Jude 09:22, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
actually i believe if you research it the basket case video was filmed in black and white then later colored to give it a successfully surreal look
- That's very true, and I'm sorry if you read my reply wrong. I didn't give a full history of how the colour was enhanced, I just stated that it was. I could have been more informative, however I didn't see it necessary. When I said everything was enriched, I meant to the viewers' eyes, not that it had been enriched from its natural colour. Thank you for your input, because it might have cleared up other misconceptions about my response!--Jude 07:51, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
- Because they are THAT green. You can see in bullet in a bible that he is *not* wearing contacts because of how close Sam Bayer gets to his face with the camera. His eyes are just that green.--Jude 09:43, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
Where the hell has most of this article gone? It used to be so much more detailed. Dev920 (Have a nice day!) 16:30, 10 December 2006 (UTC)