|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This article may be too technical for most readers to understand. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
I started this page, but unfortunately don't know much about the subject. Rather, I wish someone expert to fill it in. dfrankow 21:29, 23 March 2006 (UTC)
- seems to represent a set here - an exceedingly odd use of the symbol, to my mind. Couldn't we change that to an S or something? --Oolong (talk) 12:55, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
A sentence in this article begins thus:
- Intuitively, this can be thought of as the difference between
Possible external reference?
I recently wrote a blog post at http://mark.reid.name/blog/meet-the-bregman-divergences.html that attempts to explain Bregman divergences with the help of some interactive plots. I believe there are rules against adding your own material to Wikipedia but thought if anyone else found it useful I'd be happy for them to add it to the external references section of this page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2402:1800:1:2011:E0FD:313E:AEAE:D0AE (talk) 01:16, 22 October 2013 (UTC)
I think that the sentence "This result is important because it further justifies using a mean as a representative of a random set, particularly in Bayesian estimation." is a fallacious argument. As a thought experiment, I can define the set of functions D(p,q) that are minimized by the median. The existence of this set does not add any justification to using the median as a representative of a random set over any other statistic. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:37, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bregman divergence. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100812221422/http://www.ee.washington.edu/research/guptalab/publications/FrigyikSrivastavaGupta.pdf to http://www.ee.washington.edu/research/guptalab/publications/FrigyikSrivastavaGupta.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.