|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Metal||(Rated Start-class)|
Brutal truth are a grindcore outfit, not deathgrind which is a misnomer, whatever that is supposed to mean. check their own website ! they refer to themselves as GRINDCORE.
- Let's be honest here, Brutal Truth began as a death metal band with shorter-than-average song lengths, occasional punk riffs, and a few d-beats--which is pretty much what deathgrind is--and soon moved on to something more along the lines of experimental death metal. I mean, if you were to take an early Entombed or Autopsy song, add a blastbeat, and shorten it to half the original length, you'd have just about anything off ECDER. Brutal Truth were a deathgrind band, plain and simple. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 07:17, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
i strongly disagree. i see very little grindcore here. in fact, without the death metal vocals, they would undoubtadly be refered to as thrash metal. there is no punk in this at all —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:18, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
I see some of these same pov's on the Dying Fetus entry. The best characterization of these types of bands is extreme metal, aggro metal, or freestyle death metal. If you think about it, Carcass is a brutal death metal band(guttural + blastbeat)that had loping, grindcore mosh parts, so deathgrind is a little confusing. (Although, I think most characterize Carcass and Pungent Stench as grindcore.) Dan Lilker would be the one to ask, the first time I actually heard the term grindcore coined, it was in a review of SOD's Speak English or Die, so maybe grindcore is actually thrashy, moshy sounding punkmetal! Either way, a mix of cascading atonal fill melodies, tremolo picking thru the upstroke(breaking down without breaking down), grindcore mosh parts, staccato syncopations and odd timings, and a mixture of speed/death metal that is more brutal than most should be termed extreme or aggro metal. THANKS<AMP-er Boise —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:00, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Ok, I just gave the article a tidy-up, pretty much everything but the main section. Brutal Truth are definately grindcore, but are deathgrind too and pioneers of it (they have more death-metalish stuff than other grindcore acts). Both should be mentioned, and even death metal should be listed. For now, I just kept the first two. Angry Shoplifter (talk) 05:57, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
Hi all, I added info about the new album. I reckon they were death metal at first but evolved into a death/grind band. Transdimentional —Preceding unsigned comment added by Transdimentional (talk • contribs) 07:27, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- What you "reckon" is irrelevant. If you're going to change genres, provide sources supporting those changes. I have undone your unsourced edits. MrMoustacheMM (talk) 23:45, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Brutal Truth. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090719024341/http://revolverblips.dailyradar.com:80/story/brutal_truth_sugardaddy_video_released_july_17_2009/ to http://revolverblips.dailyradar.com/story/brutal_truth_sugardaddy_video_released_july_17_2009/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090425122217/http://www.thesleepingshaman.com:80/interviews/brutaltruth/brutaltruth.php to http://www.thesleepingshaman.com/interviews/brutaltruth/brutaltruth.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.