Talk:California State Route 116
|WikiProject U.S. Roads||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject California / San Francisco Bay Area||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
By dent of brevity and prior marking on the page itself by another editor this page is clearly a stub. Architectsf 00:11, 23 October 2006 (UTC)
Some notes about the east end
I'm putting this here, although it relates to several routes.
- Route 7
- 1933: Route 7 is from: (a) Benicia to Tehama Junction. (b) Route 14 near Crockett to American Canyon Route near Vallejo.
- 1935: Route 7 is from Route 14 near Crockett to Red Bluff.
- Route 8
- 1933: Route 8 is from Ignacio to Cordelia via Napa.
- 1937: Route 8 is from Ignacio to Route 7 near Cordelia via Napa.
- Route 51
- 1933: Route 51 is from Route 104 near Sebastopol to Route 8 at Shellville via Santa Rosa.
- 1937: Route 51 is from Route 104 near Sebastopol to Route 8 near Sears Point via Santa Rosa.
- Route 74
- 1933: Route 74 is from Vallejo to Route 8.
- 1935: Route 74 is from a point on Route 8 near the Napa Y to Cordelia via Vallejo and Benicia.
- 1937: Route 74 is from a point on Route 8 near the Napa Y to Cordelia via Vallejo and Benicia, including a connection from Vallejo to Route 7 near the Carquinez Bridge.
- 1937: Route 74 is from a point on Route 8 near the Napa Y to Route 7 near Cordelia via Vallejo and Benicia including a connection from Vallejo to Route 7 near the Carquinez Bridge.
- Route 104
- 1933: Route 104 is from: (a) Route 56 near Jenner to Route 1 near Cotati. (b) Route 1 near Petaluma to Route 8 near Shellville. (c) Route 8 to Route 7 through American Canyon.
- 1937: Route 104 is from: (a) Route 56 near Jenner to Route 1 near Cotati. (b) Route 1 near Petaluma to Route 8 near Napa Y.
- 1939: Route 104 is from: (a) Route 56 near Jenner to Route 1 near Cotati. (b) Route 1 near Petaluma to Route 8 near Shellville.
- Route 208
- 1939: Route 208 is from Route 8 near Sears Point to Route 7 near Lake Chabot via the former Sears Point Toll Road.
It appears that two connections were added in 1937 - Sears Point to southwest of Napa and southwest of Napa to Napa Y. The former became Route 8, with Routes 51 and 104 extended to cover former Route 8, and the latter became a further extension of Route 104. In 1939, Route 208 was added instead, and the connections were deleted. The definition of Route 51 was not reverted back until 1959.
--NE2 18:50, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Article Title Argument
In most articles on the California routing system, the name is something like “California Route 116”, dropping the “state” in “state route. Could someone please do something about it? Am I wrong about this name-changing request? Please reply on my talk page. Thanks!
--L. Adler (aka I love the interweb!) - Talk 18:31, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
This article is not accurate
SR116 does not start at Jenner, but about a mile or so south of Jenner. Here is a better description of Hwy 116. Starting at Hwy 1 on the Sonoma Coast Hwy 116 runs east to Guerneville. When it reaches Guerneville, it is called "Main Street from the Safeway to the second stoplight. From the second stoplight, it makes a right turn southeast and becomes Pocket Canyon Rd. to downtown Forestville, where it is called "Front Street." It turns right again at the elementary school and heads toward Sebastopol. This section is the Gravenstein Hwy North. and it called this down to Cotati, except where it passes through Sebastopol. There it called Healdsburg Avenue up to the church/Safeway. Then it makes another right turn and becomes North Main Street. It then changes to South Main after crossing Bodega Hwy. When it rejoins northbound traffic, it becomes Gravenstein Hwy South to Cotati. Then it runs along Hwy 101 to Petaluma, exits at Lakeville Hwy. It runs along Lakeville Hwy until the road goes directly south, then you make a left turn at a non-descript shack and go east toward Sonoma. It does not reach Sonoma but runs east just south of the town. It continues through Napa where it crosses Interstate 80. I haven't driven it further than 80 so I'll let someone else take it from there, but I believe it goes south from there, crosses the delta and into Antioch.