|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
A few comments
1. "Some sources also give Tithonos and Hesperus as children of Cephalus and Eos." A source for this is needed.
2. Clymene was the wife of Cephalus and, according to the article on Phylacus, also of Phylacus. Who did she marry first?
I am taking a class in Greek and Roman Mythology. I was looking up Odysseus' ancestry and found some discrepancies on the following pages:
"He was awarded with the island of Samos, which thereafter came to be known as Cephallenia."
Same (ancient Greece)
"From the above passage, it is obvious that Homer's Same is not the Greek island Samos in the Eastern Aegean Sea, Same should be located in the Ionian Sea, near Homer's Ithaca and there should be at least one rocky island between the two islands."
I was trying to figure out how Cephalus became king of Cephallenia (Cephalonia) when his island was Samos. Obviously, Samos (on the Cephalus page) should be Same. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 04:29, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Cephalus. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121009101554/http://www.ancientlibrary.com/smith-bio/0676.html to http://www.ancientlibrary.com/smith-bio/0676.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.