|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Justifying Chambao as Important Enough to Merit a Wikipedia Article
Here are two references to the work of Chambao:
I had a look at the policy for including musicians and bands and think that Chambao definitely qualify for inclusion on the following grounds:
- Has had a charted hit on any national music chart, in at least one large or medium-sized country
YES. In Spain.
- Signed to a Major Label.
YES. A very big one, Sony.
- Prominent representative of a notable style or the local scene of a city
YES. Although 'flamenco-chill' is a very small and new genre, in fact the esflamenco.com reference cites them as the orignators of the genre.
- Has won or placed in a major music competition.
YES they won a major award in Spain, the Premio Ondas
- Has performed music for a work of media that is notable, e.g. a theme for a network television show.
YES. Chambao's music is used in at least one national advertising campaign in Spain, the Andalucian Tourist Board adverts currently running on Spanish TV (Jan 2006).
Of course it merits an article. If Serbian Turbo-Folk singers merit articles I dont see why a group like Chambao shouldnt. By the way the only CD which is worth buying is the second one "Endorfinas en la Mente" which is very good.--Burgas00 13:13, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
notablity isn't an issue.
Sure, an internationally known musical group deserves an entry, i would think, but this reads like a record company promotional piece. To be blunt about it, it's advertizing. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:19, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
I've tried to get it back to a sounder version, but not managed it. There's virtually nothing left when the promo's gone. I'm not too sure about the notability, especially as there are only external links and no actual references. Peridon (talk) 14:50, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
- I agree. The band might be notable but the references do not establish that so notability is an issue. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Coaster92 (talk • contribs) 19:30, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Chambao. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051231090815/http://www.esflamenco.com:80/bio/en11564.html to http://www.esflamenco.com/bio/en11564.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.