|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I removed the following:
- "Chants are a special case of rhytmic recursive repetitions reflected off symmetrical or reverse syllabic reverbations of verbiage of levels of symbolic abstrrrraction and contraction action off hope or divination, if I recall correctly reverse rhyme of their verse! The previous sentence is a chant in essence. Agquarx 23:42, 16 Feb 2005 (UTC) (definition "by" example, grok?)"
Please do not sign edits on article pages. If you wish to leave a comment or question and sign it so you receive a response talk pages such as this one are the best place to do it. Please clarify your edit and Wikipedia:Cite sources per Wikipedia:No original research. Hyacinth 02:19, 17 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Song evolving from chant?
I'm skeptical. Can someone cite evidence for this? There was always song wile there was chant, and the earlier documented forms of European song, like the troubadour canso and the Latin cantio, didn't follow the modal system of Gregorian chant. Tropes, organa, liturgical drama, even motets "evolved" from chant, but not song. Peirigill 00:34, 18 June 2006 (UTC)
State worry about POV
Gouranga UK, please state your worry before reverting changes to the article. Have put them back for the time being. Knowledge for All 22:56, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
- I have removed the statement "Chanting the Name of God is a spiritual practice that is commonly recommended by spiritually evolved souls in the current era." because I don't think it is a verifiable fact. (Even if you or I may agree with it or not) - It reads more like a personal point of view. The other change I've made is that the introductory paragraph shouldn't have a title - the article Chant is the title in this instance. I hope you can see the reasoning behind these two changes. That was why I had reverted before. Best Wishes, GourangaUK 15:31, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Chant. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070125015836/http://buddhism.2be.net:80/Pali_Chanting to http://Buddhism.2be.net/Pali_Chanting
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.