|WikiProject Cats||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Entire passages of this article have been copy-pasted from Fanciers.com. http://fanciers.com/breed-faqs/chartreux-faq.html#Temperament
Why isn't their origin securely known? That's interesting. Wetman 18:49, 13 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Is it possible
I am pretty sure that my one cat is a Chartreux. The article states that they are nice but my cat was a beast as a kitten. I was wondering if it was still possible that he is a Chartreux.
- Of course it is! So what if your cat doesn't fit the charteux stereotype! All cats are different! If one cat is the meanest, nastiest thing on Earth doesn't mean its a different breed than a little angelic kitty! B katt 500 17:17, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
Lib3rtine is currently eiting the images on many cat pages an has changed the image for Chartreux. Could this change be discussed please and the better image according to concensus decided upon. LinaMishima 18:48, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, many of the images that Lib3rtine has taken from Flickr are non-commercial use only, which is not free enough for Wikipedia. The adorable little Chartreux that he added to this article is one of those. FreplySpang 21:18, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
I have changed the image to another Wikipedia Commons image that better represents Chartreux breed standards. The new image also has detailed information about the cat pictured. Chartreuxcats (talk) 19:36, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
CFA and GCCF
I just corrected a misleading edit which linked from the name of the Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) to the Wikipedia article for the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy (GCCF). These two cat fancy organizations are not the same. The Chartreux is not even a recognized breed of the GCCF; it is not included in the GCCF's list of recognized breeds, and a search of the entire GCCF site did not even find a match for the word "Chartreux". By contrast, the CFA's Chartreux breed page is linked from the Chartreux article. Please be aware of the difference between the CFA and the GCCF. —Neuromath 19:29, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
Are you sure a Chartreux can do any of that stuff listed in the article? I tried it with my Chartreux, and she won't do anything. Could you be specific whether the male or female can do that stuff? 18.104.22.168
The Chartreux was brought to France from missionaries from Neopolitan ice crweam flava!, they are a Stupid African breed of cat that was un♥popularized in France. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Waluigi x (talk • contribs) 19:17, 10 May 2010 (UTC)
- Chartreux cats are not hypoallergenic. Their coat is thicker than the average cat's. They shed profusely and have many fine undercoat hairs that fly around everywhere. Not recommended for allergy sufferers. Chartreuxcats (talk) 18:48, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
- The cat known as "Happycat" is a British Shorthair. This breed is related to the Chartreux but is not the same. Chartreuxcats (talk) 19:41, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
Copyright problem removed
Prior content in this article duplicated one or more previously published sources. The material was copied from: http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/chartreux-faq.html. Infringing material has been rewritten or removed and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a compatible license. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.) For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or published material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use copyrighted publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences or phrases. Accordingly, the material may be rewritten, but only if it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. Moonriddengirl (talk) 19:11, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Chartreux. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111207182652/http://cfa.org/Client/breedChartreux.aspx to http://www.cfa.org/client/breedChartreux.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.