Talk:China Care Foundation
PR like edits
This article had a very brochure like tone. I've made a number of edits to bring it into line with our policies and guidelines. Please do not add back in marketing type content. This is an encyclopedia and our articles should have a measured and factual tone rather than a bullish and promotional one. It is also important that we put things into a clearer context than a communications person from the foundation might. for instance the clubs are clearly a way to increase the support for the foundation - they are not the programmatic work the foundation does to directly benefit Chinese children. The fact that the foundation markets them as a sort of program should not simply be copied by us. -- SiobhanHansa 15:53, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
China Care Edit
Hello Siobhan. The China Care Wikipedia page was put up by a student who is a big supporter of our organization, however it was created before anyone at the foundation had the opportunity to read and understand the Wikipedia guidelines. I would appreciate if the page could be deleted until we can put a more comprehensive page up that conforms to the guidelines. Please alert me to the best way to address this issue. Thanks. Chinacare (talk) 14:56, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm. This is a little awkward. We don't normally delete an article in order to allow the subject of the article to develop a preferred version. In fact we very much discourage organizations or people from writing articles about themselves.
- At the moment the article pretty much does conform to our guidelines though it could certainly be improved - especially if there are more critical (in the sense of being rigorous) independent sources we could use.
- If there are particular issues that concern you about the article please note them on this page and I, at least, can try to address them. If you believe there are serious issues that don't get resolved here there are other processes I can let you know about.
- Our general processes for deletion can be seen here if you wish to look a little deeper. Some articles with minor notability have been permanently deleted effectively at the request of the subject through the "Deletion Discussion" process mentioned in the link. But it's not guaranteed and it's never been so that the subject could recreate a different version. -- SiobhanHansa 15:22, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on China Care Foundation. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080907191128/http://www.chinacare.org/FamilyCirclePage1.html to http://www.chinacare.org/FamilyCirclePage1.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.