Talk:Clerk of Tynwald
|WikiProject Isle of Man||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 18 October 2011 (UTC). The result of the discussion was keep.|
Merge with Tynwald?
I am the person who placed the AfD tag on the article. Reasons I did do:
- In general, the article as written strongly indicates that this position is insignificant to anyone not familiar with Isle of Man.
- "Clerk" and "Chief administrator" doesn't suggest to me a position of importance. Those two words together imply a gopher and paper-pusher who assists the actually important officials with menial tasks. It in no way implies the equivalent to Attorney General as The Bushranger (talk · contribs) suggested this position is. A dumb American like me doesn't associate clerk with importance.
- None of the officeholders listed have links or Wikipedia pages. Maybe it's simply a "no one's bothered to do it" situation, but Attorneys General always have articles about them. The lack of them here also suggests insignificance.
- "Office of 30 people" also implies insignificance. Even small towns have more than 30 employees. Isle of Man seems to have more to it than merely a small town.
- Tynwald sounds like the name of a town. So an article title "Clerk of Tynwald" would come across as a government official of a small town on the Isle of Man to someone unfamiliar, rather than being the parliament of the entire island.
- In short, this article is written for those familiar with the government of Isle of Man, and that is not what Wikipedia is written for. D O N D E groovily Talk to me 12:38, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- On the first point above, note that in your own governance, there is a post called Clerk of the United States House of Representatives. AllyD (talk) 16:20, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Clerk of Tynwald. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081203173417/http://www.tynwald.org.im/tynwald/today.shtml to http://www.tynwald.org.im/tynwald/today.shtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.