Talk:Coat of arms of Košice
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- I have moved it. The spelling normally used throughout Wikipedia is "coat of arms" (i.e. lowercase and without hyphens). Valentinian (talk) / (contribs) 10:05, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
The coat of arms used today features symbols of historical counties (Abaúj, Gömör, Szepes, Torna, Ung, Zemplén). This is wrong. The coat of arms of Košice Self-Governing Region features historical counties, not the town's coat of arms. --Oficeri (talk) 07:59, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
- Removed this incorrect statement. This was clearly a mix-up; there is no sign of the mentioned county symbols in the Košice city coat of arms.Hollomis (talk) 12:52, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
Oldest municipal arms, really?
It says here, these arms are the oldest munucipal arms in Europe, and that it was granted in the 14th Century. Surely there must be older municipal arms? Heraldry seems to have been around since the 11th Century. Snowsuit Wearer (talk|contribs) 09:34, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- the coat of arms of Utrecht (the Netherlands) is older. A first version was made in 1200. So surely this can't be the oldest. Dqfn13 (talk) 14:37, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Coat of arms of Košice. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060430191819/http://www.kosice.sk/clanok.asp?file=gov_symbol_index.htm to http://www.kosice.sk/clanok.asp?file=gov_symbol_index.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.