Talk:Denver Police Department
|WikiProject United States / Colorado||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Law Enforcement||(Rated Start-class)|
I added the "unbalanced" template because the article is unbalanced. Most of the content of the article is about "controversies." None of the article talks about, for example, police heroism, etc. In its current state, the article is being used as a vehicle to foment negativism (at the expense of the positive) about the department. Jeffrey Beall (talk) 22:53, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
- I have removed the section. I recommend that one does not re-add it without adding more to the other sections of the article. This article is about the PD, not the PD's controversies. Griffinofwales (talk) Simple English Wikipedia - Come and join! 16:52, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
- There are several of the huge sections that are about acquitals and no charges being brought. Definitely inappropriate for the article as worded and have been removed. Perhaps one sentance summary covering the events may be appropriate, but the sections as they stood are not. Active Banana (bananaphone 22:30, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
so just to be clear your problem with my edits is they provided too much information? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 06:29, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
I find it unsettling that just because facts are unflattering are used as justification for being "unbalanced". Truth is not always pretty, but if we sacrifice it in favor of "whitewashing" articles, we do no one any favors, and any objectivity is lost. Swilliamrex 2340 19APR2011
You have to look at the history to see the full scope of the whitwashing going on here
http://www.news.com.au/world/denver-police-seize-tablet-delete-video-of-brutal-arrest-but-it-had-backed-up-to-the-cloud/story-fndir2ev-1227137812835 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2003:45:4950:AB30:95D2:B008:2C63:FF22 (talk) 11:41, 30 November 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Denver Police Department. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110723084337/http://www.denvergov.net/Portals/311/documents/DPD2006AnnualReport.pdf to http://www.denvergov.net/Portals/311/documents/DPD2006AnnualReport.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090412141032/http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/326/documents/DPD2007AnnualReport.pdf to http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/326/documents/DPD2007AnnualReport.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120207002622/http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/326/documents/HALO-Cam_List_by_Dist.pdf to http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/326/documents/HALO-Cam_List_by_Dist.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.