Talk:Drake Landing Solar Community
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at Mount Allison University supported by Canada Education Program and the Wikipedia Ambassador Program during the 2012 Q4 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
|WikiProject Canada / Alberta / Geography / Communities||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Environment||(Rated Stub-class)|
||It is requested that a photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
Wikipedians in Calgary may be able to help!
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
I have assessed this as a Stub, as it is only a few sentences long, and of low importance, as it is a highly specific topic within Canada. Cheers, CP 21:12, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
'Local Governments for Sustainability Canada' website has a few archived articles on other small town solar power projects in Canada. This is could be useful for the wiki page in taking a more national perspective on what other towns are interested in taking a stand on environmental sustainability. Caboothby (talk) 19:44, 11 October 2012 (UTC) http://www.iclei.org/index.php?id=9790 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Caboothby (talk • contribs) 19:35, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
Drake Landing Solar Community has a comprehensive website that provides valuable information to the topic. This includes advertisements, brochures, a history of the project and diagrams/explanations of the materials and equipment used in the community. This will be extremely valuable in enhancing the Drake Landing Solar Community wikipedia page. http://www.dlsc.ca/ LaCarlotta (talk) 19:44, 11 October 2012 (UTC)LaCarlotta
The Government of Canada has a division of their website devoted to Natural Resources. As an area of the government that includes such environmental ideas as solar communities, this will be very valuable in understanding the politics and international attention of Drake Landing Solar Community. http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/home — Preceding unsigned comment added by LaCarlotta (talk • contribs) 19:41, 11 October 2012 (UTC) LaCarlotta (talk) 19:44, 11 October 2012 (UTC)LaCarlotta
We will make use of a case study of Drake Landing Solar Community done by a master's student at Queen's university. http://qspace.library.queensu.ca/bitstream/1974/1696/1/Wamboldt_Jason_M_200901_Master.pdf LaCarlotta (talk) 15:53, 13 October 2012 (UTC)LaCarlotta
I have reviewed this recently updated article. Overall it is well-written and organized, very informative and encompasses much of the information one might be looking for when selecting this article to read. I particularly like the "Cost and Financing" section; it is straightforward and a nice section to have included. The "International Effects" section is also interesting as an example of how one community such as this can have a positive ripple effect. Impeccable grammar and detail is included, very well done.
Below are a few suggestions for slight adjustments that could be made to the article:
- Awkward sentence structure in the introduction section: "The system was designed to model a way of addressing global warming and the burning fossil fuels and the community built to dramatically decrease climate pollution." Instead maybe consider :"The system was designed to model a way of addressing global warming and the burning of fossil fuels; the community was built to dramatically decrease climate pollution."
- Consider adding a date to the introduction; when did this project begin/when was it conceived?
- Consider removing the last sentence in the introduction ("The solar energy is captured by 800 solar panels located on the roofs of the houses across all fifty-two houses")as this fact is outlined in the next section, "How It Works."
- Slight grammar addition in the "Energy Centre" section: "Two horizontal water tanks occupy the majority of the space within the Energy Centre."
- Consider adding a bit of detail/sentence rearrangement to one sentence in the BTES section: "The entire BTES is covered in insulation and a park is built on top." Maybe change it to: "The entire BTES is covered in a layer of insulation, on top of which a public park was built."
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Drake Landing Solar Community. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080516001141/http://www.climatechangecentral.com/publications/c3-views/september-2007/case-study-drake-landing-shines-solar to http://www.climatechangecentral.com/publications/c3-views/september-2007/case-study-drake-landing-shines-solar
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.