|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 23 June 2008. The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
· Todo: Include mention of people getting tattoos of Edith Macefield's house: http://www.myballard.com/2009/03/26/edith-macefields-army-of-tattoos/ Dbratland (talk) 16:29, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
· Another link w/photos during construction: http://www.myballard.com/2008/04/09/good-morning-edith/ Dbratland (talk) 16:29, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
· TV News video RE: tattoo http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_032609WAB-macefield-tattoo-KS.7402e160.htmlDbratland (talk) 22:52, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
· An article today mentions that she was actually ready to sell until she broke her hip, and then decided to stay because it was too much effort. http://seattlepi.com/local/403025_ballardhouse11.html
Disney Movie UP promotion rumor
There's a rumor, reported by the SeattlePI.com that helium balloons will be tied to Macefield's house for as publicity for UP.
- McNerthney, Casey (April 25, 2009), SeattlePI.com http://www.seattlepi.com/movies/405536_baloon24.html,
Clancy said a public relations official explained a plan to tie helium balloons to the former Ballard home of the late Edith Macefield -- the woman who didn't sell to developers and had a commercial building built around her.Missing or empty
- Sunde, Scott (May 21, 2009), SeattlePI.com http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/archives/169252.asp,
Next Tuesday morning, dozens of helium-filled balloons will be attached to Macefield's little home.Missing or empty
|title=(help) --Dbratland (talk) 23:58, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Property rights in China
2 = 4 ?
"Edith Macefield (August 21, 1921 – June 15, 2008) achieved worldwide notoriety in 2006 when she turned down US$1 million to sell her home..." "Scriptwriting and production on Up began in 2004, four years before Macefield's refusal to sell to the property developers." How is 2004 "four years before" 2006? Mpb2 (talk) 18:11, 8 May 2015 (UTC)