Talk:Family History Center (LDS Church)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Family History Center (LDS Church) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Latter Day Saint movement||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|The content of List of Large Family History Centers (LDS Church) was merged into Family History Center (LDS Church). For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
I believe Family History Centers contain enough information and are inportant enough to Geneological Research to warrant their own article.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Johnpacklambert (talk • contribs) 01:37, 8 July 2007
- I agree that it's not a good candidate for speedy deletion. Perhaps an WP:AFD discussion would be more appropriate. –SESmith 07:02, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
- It is unlikely that this article will grow too much beyond what is currently found in the stub, and it seems that it's notability will continue to be challenged. I think that this material is useful enough to appear somewhere on WP, but I'm not sure that it merits a standalone article right now. Perhaps it would be helpful to merge it into Family History Library, with Family History Center (LDS Church) being left as a redirect to that article. Of course this wouldn't preclude a separate article in the future if the section eventually became big enough to merit it. -- 126.96.36.199 23:19, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
The article is still here; I found it VERY helpful. Thanks! Also, I'll be working on some details here. -- Charles Edwin Shipp (talk) 12:12, 6 December 2014 (UTC) -- Yes, still here after seven point five years.
I propose that FamilySearch be merged into Family History Center (LDS Church). I think that the content in the FamilySearch article can easily be explained in the context of Bar, and the Family History Center (LDS Church) article is of a reasonable size that the merging of FamilySearch will not cause any problems as far as article size or undue weight is concerned. Familiacoqueirobrumadobahia (talk) 07:57, 1 January 2013 (UTC)
- No, not a good idea, for the same reason listed at Talk:FamilySearch#Merger proposal, except that I think no merge should happen in either direction, given the admittedly interrelated, yet distinct, histories of these organizations. -- 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:12, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
Renaming websites (under FamilySearch.org) and adding two Regionals
Added to the list are the BYU FamilySearch History Library, and the Riverton Utah FamilySearch History Library. As many know, the sites have been standardized, under the umbrella of FamilySearch.org -- Charles Edwin Shipp (talk) 23:23, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/San_Diego_Family_History_Library is an example of the new naming convention. Visit some of them to see the standardized look-and-feel format template. -- Charles Edwin Shipp (talk) 23:26, 6 December 2014 (UTC) PS: Some of them link to their prior specialized website, but some Regionals feel this has been discouraged. It is the same with LDS stake websites, FYI.
2015 Worldwide Indexing Projects
Currently, the homepage window for INDEXING has the following message from Headquarters:
Join volunteers from around the world to help “Fuel the Find” during this year's week-long Worldwide Indexing Event, August 7-14. For more details on how to get involved click here.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Family History Center (LDS Church). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081212055830/http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp to http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.