Talk:Fefu and Her Friends
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at Louisiana State University supported by the Wikipedia Ambassador Program during the 2012 Q1 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
In this space, you should discuss the creation of your article with your group and instructor. This is the conversation area. All text edits to the draft article should be made on the "user page". Happy editing! --Rburdette (talk) 19:44, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
I take back anything bad I ever said about you, team. This page looks VERY good. I think you have a nice balance of plot and character information, since this is a character-driven play (nothing much develops as things happen in the play), rather than a plot-driven play. Your character section is very nice and detailed. Are there any other interpretations of Fefu other than as a control freak? It would be interesting to know. Also, make sure you have enough notes; I believe the idea is that every line has to be cited, especially if you are expressing an opinion, to show that it is not your own idea. Otherwise, this is an outstanding job. Dr. Leigh — Preceding unsigned comment added by Drdvader21 (talk • contribs) 21:44, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
Article review by User:GorillaWarfare
Article looks good. A few comments:
- An article of this length needs a lead section longer than just a sentence. Check out Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre/Article Structure and WP:MOSLEAD for some advice on how to approach this.
- You need some more wikilinks. Make sure you link the first mention of the word you're linking in the article. For example, María Irene Fornés should be linked in the lead sentence, and unlinked in the plot section. It's okay to have two links to her name in an article: the first instance in the article text, and a link in the infobox.
- The author should only be referred to by her full name the first time. Subsequent mentions should just refer to her as "Fornés". Also, be consistent with the diacritics. You leave them out occasionally.
- Fefu and her Friends should be italicized, not in quotes as it is in the plot section.
- The character list dwarfs the rest of the plot summary. I would remove this section heading and work the description of the characters to the plot summary. Also, plot summaries should be broken into subsections by act.
- The following sentences are analysis, not plot summary, and should be relocated appropriately: "Maria Irene Fornes, author, uses the play as representation of the struggle of women against the female stereotype. Any interactions with male characters are done offstage and no established male characters are seen to portray how women behave when not in the presence of men." There are also other sentences in the plot summary that are analysis and should be moved elsewhere.
- The section "The action of the play" appears to have a reference that is missing <ref> tags (and as such is appearing in the article text, not the reference section).
- I would suggest renaming "Relationship with tradition or movements" to "Dramatic analysis".
- I would suggest renaming "Reviews & Critiques" to "Critical reception". I presume there is more commentary on the play than just this one mention—I assume you are planning to add that?
- The "Translations" section is too short to be its own section. Work it into a history section instead.
- Nice extra effort in creating the info box!
- If you are interested in adding images to your page, you might want to email the UT Austin Dept of Theatre and see if they would let you use these images from their production. You might also ask Dr. Leigh if she has any contacts there to expedite the request. --Rburdette (talk) 18:49, 15 March 2012 (UTC)