|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Gmail interface article.|
|WikiProject Google||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
- having all of this content in the parent article may make that article too long. but the real question that should be how much of this content is actually appropriate for an encyclopedia article? not much. and that content can be handled within the main gmail article. we do not need to have an advertisement/how to article based on google primary sources —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:03, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
Is this really valid criticism?
"There is no option to differentiate messages that branch off from the original thread."
- I guess some people might think so, but it is only referenced to a description of the situation, not to a reviewer criticizing it so this could be removed. - Ahunt (talk) 13:39, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
Criticism about recipients selection is no longer valid... In the latest version you can open your address book by clicking "To:". There you can select as much recipients as you wish... 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:32, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
This article currently reads as uncritical whitewash. Gmail is incredibly weird and dysfunctional. The article does not begin to address the subject in a complete and comprehensive way. The only deep truth in the article is the one word "unique". Exactly the case -- and often not in a good way.-126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:13, 4 July 2013 (UTC)
- More criticism can certainly be added, as long as you can cite references as per WP:V. - Ahunt (talk) 23:10, 4 July 2013 (UTC)
Tagged as outdated
Gmail Notifier was shutdown 7-Feb-2014 - I can't seem to find an official announcement but here are a few references: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/no-more-google-notifier.html http://pchelp.ricmedia.com/windows/windows-7/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:44, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
- Gmail has introduced a completely new Compose box (http://gmailblog.blogspot.in/2012/10/introducing-new-compose-in-gmail.html). So now, the criticism related to accessing the address book while composing an email (2nd paragraph in 'Criticisms') is no longer valid.
- Integration with Google+ is not mentioned.
- Gmail has also introduced 'quick action buttons' http://gmailblog.blogspot.in/2013/05/take-action-right-from-inbox.html, http://gmailblog.blogspot.in/2013/11/take-even-more-actions-right-from-your.html -184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:21, 29 March 2014 (UTC)