Talk:Golden Age of Porn
|WikiProject Film||(Rated B-class)|
|WikiProject Pornography||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
Article (04/16/2012) has a Skewed Perspective
Whoever wrote this article (a/o April 16, 2012) obviously did not read the supporting materials that are cited, nor did they live at the time of the event. This article is very clearly written by someone who's opinions are without the virtue of experience and tainted by a purely contemporary, factory-engendered conception of what "may have occurred" based on their retrospective look backwards... Either that, or they were there and simply missed what was going on... Stevenmitchell (talk) 10:37, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
Badly written article (09/12/2013) needed an overhaul
- Done - article has been overhauled and updated (01/27/2016) - should now be much better - in any case - Enjoy! :) Drbogdan (talk) 23:12, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
Focuses too much on USA
European porn was and still is far superior to American porn. The "Golden Age of Porn" was mainly a European age with SOME FEW American films thrown in between. France, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Italy all lead the game. Their films are too many to list them here. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:04, 28 May 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for your comments - yes - the present "Golden Age of Porn" article mainly refers to American (and/or USA) erotic films - as described in the first sentence of the lead as follows => The "Golden Age of Porn" ... refers to a 15-year period (mostly, 1969 – 1984) in commercial American pornography that began in 1969 with the film Blue Movie, directed by Andy Warhol ..." - a new separate Wikipedia article describing a similar time in European Erotic films may be possible (and welcomed by many I would think atm) - in any case - Thanks again for your comments - and - Enjoy! :) Drbogdan (talk) 21:40, 28 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Golden Age of Porn. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140527071231/http://atomiclegdropzine.wordpress.com:80/2014/02/04/american-ecstasy-the-photography-of-barbara-nitke-and-the-golden-age-of-pornography/ to http://atomiclegdropzine.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/american-ecstasy-the-photography-of-barbara-nitke-and-the-golden-age-of-pornography/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130928090629/http://www.nowtoronto.com/movies/story.cfm?content=145887&archive=24,24,2005 to http://www.nowtoronto.com/movies/story.cfm?content=145887&archive=24,24,2005
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.